The Walking Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
    Wow I can't believe people are giving up on this show.
    I don't think they did enough, but with the budget cuts I guess it makes sense.

Comment

• I don't understand how you have the most watched show on cable TV and you come out with some weak ass budget for it?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        I don't understand how you have the most watched show on cable TV and you come out with some weak ass budget for it?
        Game of Thrones was hit with budget cuts too, i'm sure we'll see it when/if the second season airs.

Comment

I don't understand how you have the most watched show on cable TV and you come out with some weak ass budget for it?
          I read an article on this recently and what they said was that this is because AMC doesnt have the backing from major channels example fx has the fox network, and AMC cant work on the same principle of HBO/showtime because their shows work at a loss, but are recouped from network subscription fees where AMC doesnt have the capital to throw at the show

Edit - This is also why there is such a massive amount of commercials. Most of the episodes are only 40 mins long which leaves 15 mins of commercial filler. Which is also why there is some in show product placement like in s2e1 Carl finds the gerber knives, and shane chooses a Hyundai suv to leave in (when there were much better choices)
          Last edited by John -- '02 HAWK; 11-15-2011, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
            I read an article on this recently and what they said was that this is because AMC doesnt have the backing from major channels example fx has the fox network, and AMC cant work on the same principle of HBO/showtime because their shows work at a loss, but are recouped from network subscription fees where AMC doesnt have the capital to throw at the show

Edit - This is also why there is such a massive amount of commercials. Most of the episodes are only 40 mins long which leaves 15 mins of commercial filler. Which is also why there is some in show product placement like in s2e1 Carl finds the gerber knives, and shane chooses a Hyundai suv to leave in (when there were much better choices)
            If they would stop promoting the fucking show during its own commercial breaks and sold that as advertising time they would have a higher budget. Do we really need the commercial every time for the "The Talking Dead" and for "Hell on Wheels"? Do we need the seconds long intro to go back to the show?

I don't think AMC has the brightest people.
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

If they would stop promoting the fucking show during its own commercial breaks
              The talking dead is very cheap to make. So AMC wants the audience to watch it so AMC gets more advertising dollars so they can pay for the walking dead.

Its not that dumb of a move.

Comment

• Either way I watch it because I like zombies and apocalyptic type of scenarios. That being said, the show is dragging terribly. I will watch it until they pull the plug pretty much no matter what but I cant believe how much they are fucking this show up. Why the fuck can they not get some people in there who "get it" to spice this thing up. I swear to god if they would let the active posters in the thread produce the show it would be the only god damn thing ever shown on TV. They would air it like a presidential speech.

Comment

• I just got caught up on this season. So, staying at the farm scenario is about to come to a head and they are gong to get back on the road, I suppose? What is the reason for them traveling to fort bennet?

Comment

• I want zombie vag!
                    Ded

Comment

• Originally posted by vadertt View Post
                      I want zombie vag!
                      hit up fleshlight around halloween lol

Comment

• I agree that I'm worn out on this "look for Sophia" part of the story, but there's a ton of worth while shit going on here. Love where Shane's story is going and lovin some Darryl too.

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                        SPOILER ALERT

But, at the same time, in the comic book once they leave the farm...
                        You're leaving out like... 40 issues worth of bad ass content, most specifically the [spoiler]prison and governor

Comment

• Originally posted by roliath View Post
                          hit up fleshlight around halloween lol
                          Should I put rotten roast beef in it first?
                          Ded

Comment

Should I put rotten roast beef in it first?
                            Mayonnaise.

Comment

• Originally posted by roliath View Post
                              Mayonnaise.
                              Rotten mayonnaise?

Torrent for the comics, like 90 issues.

Ded

Comment

Rotten mayonnaise?

Torrent for the comics, like 90 issues.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/912144
                                I think the count is up to 110 now? I think, could be wrong.

and rotten HELMANNS maynnaise does the trick.

Comment

Working...
                                X