James Bond Skyfall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
    Was good. Lots of nods to the old films. Sorry M was killed off. Great villain also. Was the Fucker gay?
    I was most assuredly effeminate.
    Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
    His name was Fucker? Now I don't even want to see it..
    No, that wasn't his name. Some folks just aren't sure where to capitalize words.

Comment

Shut up. Answer the question captain slow.
      Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

i give it a 5. after the first 30 minutes i was ready to give it a 1. i'm so tired of the 30 minute fist fight sequences between QoS and this one. dirt bikes on a roof, on top of a train? GTFO. hell, it felt like the same director as QoS but this motherfucker has some michael bay in him.

overall the main issue is the plot was pretty bad.
        www.hppmotorsports.com
        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
          i give it a 5. after the first 30 minutes i was ready to give it a 1. i'm so tired of the 30 minute fist fight sequences between QoS and this one. dirt bikes on a roof, on top of a train? GTFO. hell, it felt like the same director as QoS but this motherfucker has some michael bay in him.

Spoiler below.
          What I didn't care for is it seemed like they spent 1/2 the film showing Bond recovering from his wounds. Then he goes to see the villain, which seems oddly out of place and rushed. He kills the girl (which was unexpected but makes you wonder wtf the point was) and then you're stuck back in this weird in between where you don't know if you've already experienced the climax of the movie or not. Then he goes back to Skyfall in what you presume is the climax now, but it doesn't deliver, and then the movie ends in a church which seems to make no sense at all. The villain is killed with a knife to the back very anti-climatically. The ending sucked, the dialog was insufficient, and when the credits roll I didn't know what the fuck happened. The movie seemed very disorganized and had several sequences which I don't even understand why they were there.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Just became the 14th movie in history to break 1 billion in world wide box office. Frankly I'm baffled. On the bright side, they won't stop making them and hopefully the next will be better.

Comment

i went back and re-watched QoS. i like it more (maybe my standards are dropping). i thought it was a good plot that was in line with other bond movies. i still think the action is way too over the top but i'm increasing my rating of QoS.

i'll revisit skyfall again when it comes to bluray. cj, i agree with what you said 2 posts up.

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              Just became the 14th movie in history to break 1 billion in world wide box office. Frankly I'm baffled. On the bright side, they won't stop making them and hopefully the next will be better.
              i think people just want to like any bond movie. i know i'm willing to try my ass off to love it.
              www.hppmotorsports.com
              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

i give it a 5. after the first 30 minutes i was ready to give it a 1. i'm so tired of the 30 minute fist fight sequences between QoS and this one. dirt bikes on a roof, on top of a train? GTFO...

The same problem I had with The Bourne Legacy
                i think people just want to like any bond movie. i know i'm willing to try my ass off to love it.
                That's how I feel about The Dark Knight Rises
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                  That's how I feel about The Dark Knight Rises

I can agree with those sentiments.

Comment

I enjoyed it.

I'll say that was the meanest, move evil gay bad guy I've seen on film.
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• Originally posted by momo View Post
                      i went back and re-watched QoS. i like it more (maybe my standards are dropping). i thought it was a good plot that was in line with other bond movies. i still think the action is way too over the top but i'm increasing my rating of QoS.

i'll revisit skyfall again when it comes to bluray. cj, i agree with what you said 2 posts up.

I think you're absolutely spot on about all of this. The excessive shaky-camera action bullshit is incredibly fucking annoying. But it's also Bond, so I'm inclined to convince myself that I like it either way, and I'm fine with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by momo View Post

Bout as believable as the car battle in die another day. Lol nothing about bond is normal.
                        Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                          I enjoyed it.

I'll say that was the meanest, move evil gay bad guy I've seen on film.
                          Lol yeah I agree

Comment

• Gave it a second chance, and I have to say that I think it was much better than I originally gave it credit for. Definitely the best cinematography of any Bond movie. It does have a lot less action. I think part of my problem may have been the length. This sucker is 2 hours and 20 minutes long, which is a little long for an action movie. And the main villain didn't show up until over an HOUR had passed. I enjoyed it a lot more the second time, without having expectations.

Comment

• I watched it last night. I'm a big Bond geek and loved it. He really didn't get pissed until they blew up his car. Then it got personal
                              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Yup

Comment

Working...
                                X