Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Arrow- TV Pilot

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
    I've read that the CW wants a pilot for Green Arrow. It won't star Justin Hartley but will be played by someone else.
    And the casting news begins!

Multiple news outlets have revealed and confirmed that actor Stephen Amell has been cast as Green Arrow in Arrow.

Amell is probably best known for a role on Hung; his other credits include Private Practice and 90210. Earlier this season he had a recurring role on The Vampire Diaries as Brady.

Stephen was born in May 1981 which would make him 30 years old. And from the picture to the right, it does look like Amell can rock a goatee, if this Green Arrow should happen to have one.

A lead actor and a director are now known, and next, we’ll have to see who will be playing Dinah/”Laurel,” Tommy Merlyn, and more…

There's still no word when the pilot will premiere on the CW. When it does I think I'll check it out. I liked Smallville versions but it will be weird not seeing Justin Hartley as Oliver Queen.
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

And now some of the mysteries are solved!

Via casting breakdowns, GreenArrowTV has learned a little bit about some of the characters we’ll be seeing in The CW’s pilot Arrow.

Here are some of the characters we have to look forward to (subject to change):

Disclaimer: It is not the intention of GreenArrowTV to ruin any secrecy regarding this project, but instead to get people excited and interested in more. In other words, DC or WB – hopefully this a good thing rather than a nuisance, although if there is a takedown request, please contact us and it will be respected.

Oliver Queen – It’s pretty obvious this would be the name of the main character, right? It sounds like he was believed dead for a few years before making a return home.

At some point Oliver is kidnapped and cuffed to a chair but gets himself loose.

The Arrow wears a green body armor that is “so dark it’s virtually black.” He has a bow and arrow, of course. He may have a mask covering the lower half of his face, distorting his voice. The costume also has a hood.

It sounds like this version of Oliver Queen is at least 25, and he is written very much like the Green Arrow was in his better Smallville appearances.

It also seems that we will see flashbacks to his time on the island and how he got there, and what led him to becoming a good guy.

Dinah “Laurel” Lance – Dinah’s using her middle name here. She and Oliver have not seen each other in five years, before his return to the city. “Laurel” went to law school. It doesn’t appear that she is the Black Canary (yet). She works with a firm called the City Necessary Resources Initiative.

Tommy was Oliver’s best friend before he disappeared for several years. He sounds like a bit of a frat boy. He notices Oliver has changed a lot in his years away. The character himself might have a tie to a Green Arrow foe from the comics. Tommy tells Oliver about what his funeral was like a few years earlier.

Sara – Back on the boat, Oliver had a history with a character named Sara, and that history may be the reason Laurel is not happy to see him when he returns to town. In fact, she’s downright angry.

Thea – A young relative of Oliver’s, around 18. He teasingly calls her “Speedy.”

Moira Queen – Oliver’s mom is still alive as of the pilot, but his father was killed on the boat, in the incident that originally sent Oliver to the island. In the years since, she has remarried a man named Walter who doesn’t understand Oliver’s sudden interest in the company, Queen Consolidated.

The city seems to be called “Starling City” rather than “Star City.”

DC Comics shoutouts include a “Mr. Grell” and “Danielle DiDio.” There’s also a bank account numbered 52
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.

Comment

posted by a trick 3d evo
      Trick3d EVO

Comment

same shit i posted

Comment

Here's your first look at The CW's new pilot ARROW, starring Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen and Arrow.

Comment

New trailer:

2nd trailer:

Comment

I will have to check ot out. Looks good.
              99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
              going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

October 10 is the series premier. Can't wait to see this version of Green Arrow.

Comment

Anyone catch it tonight??

Comment

I watched the first 20 minutes or so, not impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                      I watched the first 20 minutes or so, not impressed.
                      Dang, that bad??

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                        Dang, that bad??
                        I was only 1/2 watching, it didn't really grab my attention. What I did see, looked pretty weak. Seemed very slow starting for a series premier. I don't see this being successful like Smallville.

Comment

So it's been picked up for season 2 and I found this tidbit:

Comment

This tv show kicks ass so far. I am glued to each episode. I like how the writers have been inserting bits of the backstory in with current happenings. I hope this show continues to be good and turns out like Smallville in a way.

BTW...Felicity is on hott piece of ass.
                            sigpic

Comment

Looks like I need to watch this show by your description of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X