where to buy iHDMI cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to buy iHDMI cable

so as of last week my sling box started to report that it couldnt display HDCP shows for some reason. The solution is getting an "iHDMI" IE intelligent HDMI cable that keeps the device thinking the TV is still on.. but i cant find it anywhere locally.. any ideas where to buy one ?
    2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Not local, but monoprice.com is where i get all my cabling.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
      Not local, but monoprice.com is where i get all my cabling.
      monoprice didnt have IHDMI.. just regular HDMIs as far as i saw.
      2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

To be honest, i've never heard of this technology. Then again, i'm probably a few years behind the times on it.
        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

so the problem that im having is i have my Direct TV box.. with composite to my sling box and HDMI to my TV.
          i guess Directv pushed a patch.. because as of last week if my TV was off, the directv dvr would shut down all HD signal saying there wasnt a HDCP compliant box attached..

igot around it by hooking Composites to the TV.. but its DUMB since i bought HDMI specifically for this.

the IHDMI cable aparently tells the box that "there is an HDCP compliant device here" at all times and keeps the stream of HD data open.....
          2016 250 Mini dozer

Comment

I wonder if it's that new "power save" feature that is causing your issue. Have you tried turning it off to see if that works? Should be in the system settings.

Comment

I think the issue is that your current HDMI cable is probably an older version (1.1 or 1.2) and doesn't support the commands. What you need is an HDMI cable version 1.4 or 1.4a. You can order these off of Amazon, or you should be able to find one at most local electronic stores such as Best Buy, Fry's, or Radio Shack. Just make sure that the cable is identified as a v1.4 cable.

Here's some data about the different versions, and what they can/can't do:

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
                I wonder if it's that new "power save" feature that is causing your issue. Have you tried turning it off to see if that works? Should be in the system settings.
                Nope.. turned that off as soon as they pushed it.

Originally posted by Kenny_Stang View Post
                I think the issue is that your current HDMI cable is probably an older version (1.1 or 1.2) and doesn't support the commands. What you need is an HDMI cable version 1.4 or 1.4a. You can order these off of Amazon, or you should be able to find one at most local electronic stores such as Best Buy, Fry's, or Radio Shack. Just make sure that the cable is identified as a v1.4 cable.

Here's some data about the different versions, and what they can/can't do:
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Version_1.4
                At this stage im going to just leave it with the Composite cables.. not worth the hassles.
                2016 250 Mini dozer

Comment

There is a handshake circuit in every HDMI cable, I believe it's pin #7 or #8. You can modify a standard cable and force the device to ignore handshake.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
                    Nope.. turned that off as soon as they pushed it.

At this stage im going to just leave it with the Composite cables.. not worth the hassles.
                    DTV doesn't pass true 1080P, so having a HDMI cable won't improve picture quality much over component anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X