J.J. Abrams Revolution on NBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J.J. Abrams Revolution on NBC

Anyone seen the previews for this TV show coming out in September? Looks pretty interesting.

From executive Producer J.J. Abrams, Revolution focuses on the struggle to survive 15 years after a global blackout. Read recaps and find photos on NBC.com.

I think it'll be good. I wish they would have focused more on the immediate disaster and how everything goes to shit more than it seems they will.

Comment

Another study guide to surviving the end of days. I will tune in for sure.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Looks badass. Fucking hell, I starting writing a novel a few years ago that starts with the EXACT premise, but the end game was completely different.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          Looks badass. Fucking hell, I starting writing a novel a few years ago that starts with the EXACT premise, but the end game was completely different.
          You are using the members of the board for your characters weren't you? Write me in with a full head of hair and a six pack, will ya?
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I hate the magic USB drive, and I'm betting it will be the downfall of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
              I hate the magic USB drive, and I'm betting it will be the downfall of the show.
              Exactly.

Great concept, but I feel they are gonna ruin it like they did Terra Nova, making it a soap opera vs a badarse story the likes of Jericho.

And swords....really? It's only 15 years, not 150 years. Plenty of guns and bows if guns aren't available.
              Last edited by sc281; 06-15-2012, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Lol, I thought the same thing about the weapons. Still looks interesting though. The guns they did have looked like muskets from what I remember last night.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post

And swords....really? It's only 15 years, not 150 years. Plenty of guns and bows if guns aren't available.
                  blades have a strong chance and are a romantic hollywoodism, but how many people understand the metallurgy behind melting down a car frame to pour out some blades, armor, and plows.

I think the modern gun hollywoodism relies on the fact the in the future no one will reload because the survivors have run out of primer and caps

Comment

Seems stupid to me. We had a complete lack of electricity 150 years ago and we didn't have plants growing all over shit and total lawlessness.
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      Seems stupid to me. We had a complete lack of electricity 150 years ago and we didn't have plants growing all over shit and total lawlessness.

The premise seems to be based on the complete disappearance of electrical energy. It's one of the 4 forces that dictate the behavior of the universe. You don't suspend that without radically altering how matter interacts.

I've sat here for 20 minutes trying to justify any reasoning behind this, and I can't. It doesn't make sense to me.
                      Men have become the tools of their tools.
                      -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                        X2

Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
                        The premise seems to be based on the complete disappearance of electrical energy. It's one of the 4 forces that dictate the behavior of the universe. You don't suspend that without radically altering how matter interacts.

I've sat here for 20 minutes trying to justify any reasoning behind this, and I can't. It doesn't make sense to me.
                        Exactly....everything electrical no longer works, even battery powered stuff, yet the magic USB can power a PC and transmit via land lines to some unknown distance.

I'll watch the premier though.
                        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Anyone see there are going to be a couple of Led Zeppelin songs in the next episode?

Comment

This show is so fucking dumb it's painful. I've tried to watch it and it makes my balls crawl.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                              This show is so fucking dumb it's painful. I've tried to watch it and it makes my balls crawl.
                              I'm getting pretty turned off on it myself. The young girl is killing me. She is a terrible actress.

The plot has so much potential, but the acting sucks for the most part. I can't stand the ex-leader/uncle guy. He makes no sense for that role.

Comment

Working...
                              X