No announcement yet.

X-Men:Days of Future Past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPOILER ALERT!! IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE MOVIE DONT SCROLL DOWN!

Just watched it tonight. Absolutely freaking fantastic. This is what I've been wanting to see with the Xmen series. I know a lot of people hate that Wolverine is once again used as the central point of the story. But I think they did a good job on not putting a lot of the attention on him. This was more about Charles/Eric and setting up their paths to the men we know they will become. I really enjoyed the scenes with the future Xmen. The way they showcased each of their powers was perfect. Also I didn't expect a lot of those scenes to be so brutal. But it gave emphasis to how chaotic the future had become. I was hoping to see or hear references about Cable but nothing. The whole "time travel" issue, I thought, was explained perfectly; even with Hank's explanation. Also all the events that transpired definitely correct most, if not all, issues with x2/x3. I loved all the nods and throw backs to x1 and x2 throughout the movie. Quicksilver's on screen time was hysterical and his one liner about Eric was classic, glad they put that in. Some of the other characters shown seemed like fillers though. Why they didn't include Havok more in the storyline bugs a bit. I wanted to see a killer showdown between him and the sentinels. The Sentinels were pretty cool but I was expecting more than the few they showed. The scene where Magneto "alters" them made the nerd in my giddy. His comment he made to Logan earlier about his bone claws and that scene pretty much explained why he has Adamantium claws in the future; another nod to the comics. The scene where he impales him with the steel bars and how it was shown felt like another nod to the comics where Magneto had stripped him from his Adamantium; at least to me it felt that way.

This whole movie was done right. The aftermath of the actions of the future Xmen comes full circle in solidifying the reboot of the Xmen franchise. The chapter from the future Xmen is closed and now a new story can begin with the First Class Xmen franchise. This can potentially open up in bringing in some very good Xmen stories from the comics to the big screen. And the very final scene, the end credit scene. Holy....fucking....shit!!!! This franchise is headed in the right direction the old franchise couldn't. I'm definitely going back this weekend to watch it again and see if I missed any Easter eggs. Definitely one of the best Xmen movies behind first class and x1.
    Last edited by idrivea4banger; 05-26-2014, 11:20 PM.
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

• Originally posted by staticx View Post
      Curious, why couldn't the old magneto take out the sentinels/nimrods? We're they not made of metal
      They adapted to each of the mutants abilities. Pretty much making them invincible. This was constantly explained throughout the movie. Magneto's power would have no effect and based by his method of attacking them he probably already knew that from a previous encounter.
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by roliath View Post
        Trask said in the movie they were made of space age polymer.
        Those were the original sentinels. The ones from the future had mystique's ability to adapt since it was her dna that was the basis of their creation.

Comment

• Originally posted by BERT View Post
          You seem to know a hell of a lot more than most lol

I enjoy all the comic book movies, sans Green Lantern, and just watch for entertainment value. I don't get mad or upset if something "isn't like the comic books". That was my point in saying I'm not a comic book nerd, you nerd

I just have a good memory. Plus I refresh my knowledge when these movies come out. I grew up as a big Xmen/Wolverine, Superman/Batman fan. I don't read comics anymore but I do spend a lot of time reading up on them online to catch up.

Comment

• Originally posted by roliath View Post
            Trask said in the movie they were made of space age polymer.
            Which made me laugh. When did polymer conduct electricity? What about the electricity itself? Too many holes (at 1970 technology) for the sentinels to exist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Binky View Post
              Which made me laugh. When did polymer conduct electricity? What about the electricity itself? Too many holes (at 1970 technology) for the sentinels to exist.
              Don't bring science into it. You will only ruin the experience. Afterall, you are watching a movie about a guy with bone claws, a blue furry guy, and a guy that manipulates metal.

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                Don't bring science into it. You will only ruin the experience. Afterall, you are watching a movie about a guy with bone claws, a blue furry guy, and a guy that manipulates metal.
                When the comics describe magneto as having the ability to affect the electrochemical reactions and synapses within the XMen to prevent them from using their powers, causing a short circuit isnt bringing science into it.

I get what you are saying tho, its a movie and there are going to be plot holes.

Some of them were just soft balled too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Binky View Post
                  When the comics describe magneto as having the ability to affect the electrochemical reactions and synapses within the XMen to prevent them from using their powers, causing a short circuit isnt bringing science into it.

I get what you are saying tho, its a movie and there are going to be plot holes.

Some of them were just soft balled too much.
                  I am not going to lie. I was trying to figure out how the sentinels had the electricity to turn on their eyes. I get how he was moving them and making them shoot, but that isn't going to make electricity.
                  Last edited by mstng86; 05-27-2014, 07:58 AM.

Comment

I am not going to lie. I was trying to figure out how the sentinels had the electricity to turn on their eyes. I get how he was moving them and making them shoot, but that isn't going to make a electricity.
                    yea i had issue with the sentinel part at the end, he told the one to do his job, then it turned on him....near the end but didnt target him at the front end of it

Comment

• Originally posted by zachary View Post
                      yea i had issue with the sentinel part at the end, he told the one to do his job, then it turned on him....near the end but didnt target him at the front end of it
                      Yea, I don't know how he was getting around that either.

Also, I really HATE bone claws. It takes away alot of coolness in Wolverine.

Comment

• Saw it this weekend and thought it was awesome.

Question about scene with Magneto and Wolverine?

What did Magneto say to Wolverine about his bone claws? Guess I missed that part.

Comment

• Also...future Xmen team work owns xmen 1-3

Comment

• Originally posted by Rafa View Post
                            Saw it this weekend and thought it was awesome.

Question about scene with Magneto and Wolverine?

What did Magneto say to Wolverine about his bone claws? Guess I missed that part.
                            I think he said, "imagine if those were metal"
                            Originally posted by zachary View Post
                            Also...future Xmen team work owns xmen 1-3
                            Well think about it, they have been living their lives fighting to survive. They had a lot of practice. I enjoyed the future xmen fight scenes more than anything else.

Comment

• How did Xavier come to live again in the original (dark) timeline? He got blown apart by Phoenix/Jean Grey and then "the comatose guy" woke up.

Or did they just ignore that history all together by having Mystique kill Trask and start a whole new time continuum?

Star Treks reboot was much cleaner.

Comment

Yea, I don't know how he was getting around that either.

Also, I really HATE bone claws. It takes away alot of coolness in Wolverine.

So no Wolverine as we know him in this movie?

Also, is Colossus in this movie more than the others?

Comment

Working...
                                X