No announcement yet.

Ghostbusters 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw the original ghostbusters last weekend at theaters and it was excellent. If this new one does fall through I'm sure I'll watch it. I wonder how it will be without Harold Ramis though to help with the writing.
    1997 viper gts
    1986 turbo mustang
    1987 Buick grand national
    1972 nova

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      This thing is still trying to get on its feet.

A consistent source of controversy among movie fans is the fact that whether we like it or not, Ghostbusters III seems to be an inevitability we're doomed to experience. Those same fires were stoked even hotter when news got out that out of all the directors being considered to take over the 30-year-old franchise, Bridesmaids director Paul Feig was the frontrunner for the honors of taking the director's chair. Which brings us to today, in which the possibility of an all-female reboot of Ghostbusters seems closer than ever. Strangely enough, one of Ghostbusters III's founding detractors is now on record as one of those approving this new scenario.

Schmoes Know and Access Hollywood collaborator, Scott Mantz, had the honor of picking Murray's mind on the matter, and what he had to say might surprise the legions of fans against the idea of women with proton packs strapped to their backs.

"It sounds great to me. It sounds as good an idea as any other! There are a lot of women that could scare off any kind of vapor! No, it’s a grand idea, I don’t know who they’re talking about, but it’s a good idea, I would watch it! I mean, I love Robert Palmer’s videos, so why wouldn’t I love the female Ghostbusters?"

It sounds great to me. It sounds as good an idea as any other! There are a lot of women that could scare off any kind of vapor! No, it’s a grand idea, I don’t know who they’re talking about, but it’s a good idea, I would watch it! I mean, I love Robert Palmer’s videos, so why wouldn’t I love the female Ghostbusters?

Robert Palmer metaphor aside, Bill Murray's support of a female-centric Ghostbusters film is probably coming from two thoughts that are going through his head right now. Murray seems like a progressive fellow, who believes the idea can hold some serious clout if it were put into action. But more importantly, if it's an all female Ghostbusters flick, he won't be badgered to take part in it anymore. He won't have to shred the script and mail it back this time, because he won't get a script and he can go on to pursue his now standard blend of event pictures, indie think pieces, and anything that fits into his golf schedule.

While the idea of a woman-run Ghostbusters franchise isn't going to win all of the die hard fans overnight, it's nice to know that one of the original paranormal investigators is a-ok with the legacy being put into the hands of an opposite gender team. It's just further proof that Bill Murray is exactly the guy we all think he is, and he's still as cool as we'd like him to be. Rock on, Bill.

Ghostbusters III is still in the pre-production phases, but you can see Bill Murray next in St. Vincent on October 24th. He can also be seen in HBO's mini-series Olive Kitteridge, which is set to premiere on November 2nd, as well as Jon Favreau's currently in production adaptation of The Jungle Book. Or, if you're lucky enough, he'll show up at some random event in your life and give you a fun anecdote to pass on to your friends.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/One-O...ast-67087.html
      This sounds aweful. I wonder what Dan Akroyd thinks of the idea? I though he still owned part of the rights to the franchise.
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Murray doesn't give a fuck. He's just trying not to get scolded. Random rant, Bridesmaids sucked. If the turd that directed that movie makes this.......fuck. A "Retired Ghostbusters" movie has so much fucking potential. Just give it to Joss Whedon and you'll probably have one of the best movies to ever exist.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
          Murray doesn't give a fuck. He's just trying not to get scolded. Random rant, Bridesmaids sucked. If the turd that directed that movie makes this.......fuck. A "Retired Ghostbusters" movie has so much fucking potential. Just give it to Joss Whedon and you'll probably have one of the best movies to ever exist.
          This.. just keep Michael bay away from the franchise.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
            I am down with this.

Comment

I am left to wonder if GB3 comes out with an all female cast how many ghosts are actually in the kitchen? And are ghosts a greater metaphor for just making excuses?

Comment

"If you love something, let it go." I love the Ghostbusters as left in 1989. Don't fucking ruin it. If you are going to turn it into a piece of shit at least name it something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                  "If you love something, let it go." I love the Ghostbusters as left in 1989. Don't fucking ruin it. If you are going to turn it into a piece of shit at least name it something else.
                  Ghosthustlers?
                  Hobusters?

Comment

Yes. ^ With an NC-17 rating.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                      Yes. ^ With an NC-17 rating.
                      This needs to happen.
                      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

There's this (NSFW): http://www.sfweekly.com/exhibitionis...nute-breakdown

If Ghostbusters 3 gets done with an all-girl Ghostbusters team, I guarantee you they spoof it.
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Who ya gonna call? Well, we now have a much better idea.

After months (nay, years) of speculating, Ghostbusters 3 has been confirmed. THR reports that Bridesmaids and The Heat director Paul Feig has accepted the challenge of updating the Ghostbusters for a new generation, and he’s bringing The Heat screenwriter Katie Dippold along for the ride. Feig took the news one step further on Twitter, proclaiming that the new team indeed will be female-led, as many had speculated when his name was attached to the project.

The trade also adds one major twist, should it make its way into the final draft of the screenplay: THR says that this new Ghostbusters will "no longer be connected to the earlier movies but now launch a new series." Does this mean that the surviving Ghostbusters, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray and Ernie Hudson are off the hook and no longer have to appear? Truthfully, I’m OK with that. That ship sailed. Just plug right in with a different franchise of paranormal investigators, and make it funny. We’re in.

Now, the casting speculation can heat up (no pun intended). In addition to writing The Heat, Katie Dippold cut her teeth on Parks and Recreation for NBC, so any combination of Aubrey Plaza, Amy Poehler or Rashida Jones will do. Hell, get me Retta in a proton pack.

Naturally, we are going to hear suggestions from Paul Feig’s film past, meaning Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig and Rose Byrne likely are going to hear their names attached to Ghostbusters 3 now that the movie is official. In fact, as you’ll recall, Bill Murray listed them, as well as Emma Stone and Linda Cardellini, when he was building the perfect female Ghostbusting team.

THR couldn’t confirm whether Ghostbusters 3 will be Paul Feig’s next project or not. If they are starting over from scratch with a screenplay, it might take some time. But it all sounds official. What do you think?

If they are starting over from scratch with a screenplay, it might take some time. But it all sounds official. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                            Who ya gonna call? Well, we now have a much better idea.

After months (nay, years) of speculating, Ghostbusters 3 has been confirmed. THR reports that Bridesmaids and The Heat director Paul Feig has accepted the challenge of updating the Ghostbusters for a new generation, and he’s bringing The Heat screenwriter Katie Dippold along for the ride. Feig took the news one step further on Twitter, proclaiming that the new team indeed will be female-led, as many had speculated when his name was attached to the project.

The trade also adds one major twist, should it make its way into the final draft of the screenplay: THR says that this new Ghostbusters will "no longer be connected to the earlier movies but now launch a new series." Does this mean that the surviving Ghostbusters, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray and Ernie Hudson are off the hook and no longer have to appear? Truthfully, I’m OK with that. That ship sailed. Just plug right in with a different franchise of paranormal investigators, and make it funny. We’re in.

Now, the casting speculation can heat up (no pun intended). In addition to writing The Heat, Katie Dippold cut her teeth on Parks and Recreation for NBC, so any combination of Aubrey Plaza, Amy Poehler or Rashida Jones will do. Hell, get me Retta in a proton pack.

Naturally, we are going to hear suggestions from Paul Feig’s film past, meaning Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig and Rose Byrne likely are going to hear their names attached to Ghostbusters 3 now that the movie is official. In fact, as you’ll recall, Bill Murray listed them, as well as Emma Stone and Linda Cardellini, when he was building the perfect female Ghostbusting team.

THR couldn’t confirm whether Ghostbusters 3 will be Paul Feig’s next project or not. If they are starting over from scratch with a screenplay, it might take some time. But it all sounds official. What do you think?

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Ghost...ple-67609.html

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                              This is what I'm worried about. If they turn this into a fucking chick flick, I'm going to lose my shit.

Comment

Emma Stone will be the only hope....

Comment

Working...
                                X