Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmare

Holy shit. I think I just found a new drinking game!!

Every time Chef Ramsay says "fuck me", take a shot.

You will be stammering about 10 minutes into the show.

I love Chef Ramsey.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      I love Chef Ramsey.
      I find myself stopping to watch any show he is on. Just to see the blowups.

The dude can cook too.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        I find myself stopping to watch any show he is on. Just to see the blowups.

The dude can cook too.

He perpetuates every stereotype about Chefs there is. Chefs are very difficult to get along with. Their artistic personality makes them very quirky, almost all are egotistical, controlling, etc. Several seem to be manic depressive as well. But for some reason, I really like him.

Comment

He perpetuates every stereotype about Chefs there is. Chefs are very difficult to get along with. Their artistic personality makes them very quirky, almost all are egotistical, controlling, etc. Several seem to be manic depressive as well. But for some reason, I really like him.
          That is an exact description of the chefs on Hell's Kitchen. They all hate each other. They all hate the way the other chefs do things. They ALL smoke. I don't know what is about chefs, but why do they all have to smoke?

I love watching him bring their egos down. It is fun watching him throw them out and stand outside the room to watch for 2 minutes.

Comment

I don't know what is about chefs, but why do they all have to smoke?
            Most every chef I know smokes as well. Of course, there are always exceptions. It's more about the scene and environment they are in. It's a high demand position (if you're worth a shit), and very, very high stress. Everything has to be perfect, because nobody wants send backs. If you think about it, chefs more or less run the restaurant, all from the kitchen. It's a difficult task, only very few are cut out for it. High pressure situations, plus the bar scene is big with anyone in the service industry, all leads to smoking to relieve stress.

Comment

Most every chef I know smokes as well. Of course, there are always exceptions. It's more about the scene and environment they are in. It's a high demand position (if you're worth a shit), and very, very high stress. Everything has to be perfect, because nobody wants send backs. If you think about it, chefs more or less run the restaurant, all from the kitchen. It's a difficult task, only very few are cut out for it. High pressure situations, plus the bar scene is big with anyone in the service industry, all leads to smoking to relieve stress.
              I figured the stress factor was pretty much the reasononing behind it all. I still don't believe some of the chefs that come out of Hells Kitchen really end up being successful at the next job. There are some really mentally challenged folks on that show. Some of the chefs actually do put it together by the end, but then sometimes a person wins by default IMO.

I had never seen this show(Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares) on BBC before. He is pretty brutal when he gets into the restaurant and sees how bad it is ran.

It still trips me out they can say SHIT but some of the british curse words are bleeped out.

Comment

I figured the stress factor was pretty much the reasononing behind it all. I still don't believe some of the chefs that come out of Hells Kitchen really end up being successful at the next job. There are some really mentally challenged folks on that show. Some of the chefs actually do put it together by the end, but then sometimes a person wins by default IMO.

I had never seen this show(Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares) on BBC before. He is pretty brutal when he gets into the restaurant and sees how bad it is ran.

It still trips me out they can say SHIT but some of the british curse words are bleeped out.

For the record - Jackamo (Giacomo) from season 2 of HK is pretty damn successful (and he didn't even win). He and his father own an Italian joint in Euless (Saviano's), and are in the process of opening a second location in downtown Ft Worth.

Comment

For the record - Jackamo (Giacomo) from season 2 of HK is pretty damn successful (and he didn't even win). He and his father own an Italian joint in Euless (Saviano's), and are in the process of opening a second location in downtown Ft Worth.
                  I have no doubt some of the people cut are actually good chefs.

It is amazing watching him meltdown some of these other chefs. Sometimes one bad day gets the best chefs out, and the lesser chefs get to the end because they slipped through quietly. I do like that he vetos their votes as he sees fit though.

This is the only reality tv show I enjoy.
                  Last edited by mstng86; 01-10-2011, 09:22 AM.

Comment

I dig Chef Ramsey's shows as well. I have watched all seasons of Hells Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares, and well that one season so far of America's Top Chef. Dude cracks me up, love it.

Comment

Working...
                    X