No announcement yet.

Lone Survivor and American Sniper movies coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went and saw it last night, I haven't read the book.

It was a very well done movie

Comment

Saw it last night. I "enjoyed" it. Definitely a gut check.

Comment

Got done watching it about an hour ago, don't care how "true to the story" it is...great movie.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I watched this today with my Mom, we both liked it. It was very intense. My Dad saw it too, first movie he's seen at the theater in 10 years.

Comment

Watched this on Friday. It was an excellent movie! I was surprised at how respectful and quiet everyone in the theater was when it was over and while exiting.
            I would recommend this movie to anyone.
            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Just got home from it... I will see it again, and buy the blue ray.

Book was better as usual.
              Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Just saw it. I liked it. As said, book was better. Movie was like speed reading through the book, all the book events happened so fast in the movie.

From what I've seen, it looks like they used the real pictures of families and spouses of the soldiers in the film. I enjoyed all the cameos of Marcus Luttrell in the film. Good stuff there.

I wished that had used Murphy's real closing words on the Sat phone. I wanted more of the relationship between Axe and Luttrell to be shown, as the focus seemed more on Luttrell and Murphy. I wished they showed more of the cat-n-mouse of the Afghans hiding Marcus in and around the village from the Taliban. I understand the Hollywood-zation, but I would have preferred the cat-n-mouse, build that tension, then maybe in closing the run to the next village and stumble into the rescue group there (as in the book) but Hollywood-ize a climatic battle there for the extract.
                Last edited by GhostTX; 01-24-2014, 06:36 PM.
                "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

TTT
                  Lone Survivor came out on DVD and PPV today.
                  I watched it on PPV, and wow, what a movie. The very end, just before the credits, is what really got to me though.
                  Excellent, excellent movie.
                  "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I think Cooper could make a fairly convincing Chris Kyle. He's definitely getting the build for it.

Originally posted by Jester
                    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                    Originally posted by Denny
                    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                      Just saw it. I liked it. As said, book was better. Movie was like speed reading through the book, all the book events happened so fast in the movie.

From what I've seen, it looks like they used the real pictures of families and spouses of the soldiers in the film. I enjoyed all the cameos of Marcus Luttrell in the film. Good stuff there.

I wished that had used Murphy's real closing words on the Sat phone. I wanted more of the relationship between Axe and Luttrell to be shown, as the focus seemed more on Luttrell and Murphy. I wished they showed more of the cat-n-mouse of the Afghans hiding Marcus in and around the village from the Taliban. I understand the Hollywood-zation, but I would have preferred the cat-n-mouse, build that tension, then maybe in closing the run to the next village and stumble into the rescue group there (as in the book) but Hollywood-ize a climatic battle there for the extract.
                      I agree. There were several aspects that I wished had followed closer to the book. I particularly didn't care for the arguing over whether to kill the goat herders when in the book they didn't argue just mentioned their options. Also when Murphy was killed it was a bad deal not exactly like the movie. Luttrell mentions having to drop his gun to cover his ears while Murph screamed for help.

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                      TTT
                      I watched it on PPV, and wow, what a movie. The very end, just before the credits, is what really got to me though.
                      The end with pictures is rough and hard to watch with a dry eye.
                      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                        Also when Murphy was killed it was a bad deal not exactly like the movie. Luttrell mentions having to drop his gun to cover his ears while Murph screamed for help.
                        Exactly what the public (read: people who knew and loved Murph) needs to see when watching a movie about their last battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                          Exactly what the public (read: people who knew and loved Murph) needs to see when watching a movie about their last battle.
                          While I didn't serve I agree whole heartedly. That is one of the things I liked about Band of Brothers as it showed some similar scenarios.
                          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                            I think Cooper could make a fairly convincing Chris Kyle. He's definitely getting the build for it.

I saw that the other day and had to do a double take :/
                            Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                            It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                              TTT
                              This...I bought got my blu ray copy. Must have movie for anyone's collection.
                              sigpic

Comment

I haven't watched the movie to many times since I first saw it but I plan on buying the DVD mostly for the extras. For those of you that don't know, there's a documentary on Murph that's worth a watch. I downloaded it and it was OK but gives a lot of background on him.

Comment

Working...
                                X