ENDER'S GAME - Teaser Trailer Announcement & Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENDER'S GAME - Teaser Trailer Announcement & Preview

This is possibly my favorite book ever, but the thought of a film adaptation never sat well with me (I mean how could they possibly compete with my imagination on this one?!)... until now. Dammit, I might break down and see it.

Will update this post with the full trailer in 4 days.

It's a good book, but I think it would be hard to get that many child actors who are "good". He was what, 9 at the end of the book?

Comment

It would be cool to get something that isn't a remake.

Comment

Nice. I like the choice for Hirum Graff. That book is among my favorites and what is written I will be VERY interested in how they put it on screen.

He is one of my favorite authors. I am going through Cory Doctrows books right now. Another kind of unknown who's books would make great movies.

Comment

Books that a child can read and understand tend to be decent to above average movies. They are fairly straightforward and don't have a lot of subplot or external context needed to understand. I'm looking forward to it even though its going to have a challenge of switching from the books first person viewpoint to a third person. The book was based on Ender's perception of his situation rather than the outsiders viewpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Binky View Post
            Books that a child can read and understand tend to be decent to above average movies. They are fairly straightforward and don't have a lot of subplot or external context needed to understand. I'm looking forward to it even though its going to have a challenge of switching from the books first person viewpoint to a third person. The book was based on Ender's perception of his situation rather than the outsiders viewpoint.

Well said it will be hard to depict how they made him THINK no one would come to help him ever.

Comment

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Harrison is Graff?? I thought he was a fat man?

Comment

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

God I hope they dont screw it up. Great book. High hopes
                    99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                    going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Coming early November.

Comment

The old lady and I saw it tonight. It was pretty good. They obviously couldn't cram the depth of the book into it, but it was pretty faithful, and well done.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                          It would be cool to get something that isn't a remake.
                          This is why I want to see it. I had never even heard of the book before this thread, and I am not entirely sure I get the basic plot from the trailer. I am just excited to see something that looks fairly original AND looks like it might not suck. That is a lot to ask these days, it seems.
                          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                            Harrison is Graff?? I thought he was a fat man?

"One type of stress puts fat on, another takes it off."

Might be the first movie I see in a theater since the last Star Wars.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                              This is why I want to see it. I had never even heard of the book before this thread, and I am not entirely sure I get the basic plot from the trailer. I am just excited to see something that looks fairly original AND looks like it might not suck. That is a lot to ask these days, it seems.
                              Duuuuude, read the book - you won't be disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                              X