• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dazed and Confused sequel?

Kinda excited about this...

Richard Linklater Hopes to Film 'Dazed and Confused' Sequel This Fall
    Director confirms long-awaited follow-up to beloved Nineties film

Richard Linklater hopes to start shooting the "spiritual sequel" to his film Dazed and Confused this fall, the director confirmed during an Ask Me Anything session on Reddit yesterday. Describing the film as "a college comedy," Linklater added, "I feel like mixing it up with a big ensemble."

As The A.V. Club points out, Linklater's been talking about the Dazed and Confused sequel for quite some time now, with the film almost going into production under the title That's What I'm Talking About. Linklater said back in 2010 that while he had financing in place for the film, he was still searching for a distributor.

The movie will reportedly take place over the course of a weekend at a college in 1980, and while it attempts to capture the style and feel of Dazed and Confused, Linklater has said that none of the characters from the original will reappear.

Linklater recently released Before Midnight, the third installment in the ongoing love story of Jesse and Celine (Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy, respectively), which he began in 1995's Before Sunrise.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/n...#ixzz2UAxNIbe8
    Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

crazy, there is no way it will be as good as the first one. love that movie.

Comment

Originally posted by musclestang89 View Post
      crazy, there is no way it will be as good as the first one. love that movie.
      yup

Comment

The first movie was unintentional and makes me desire to live in Austin in the mid 70's. I have a bad feeling that the sequel will be forced.

Comment

Agree. It can never live up to the original.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            The first movie was unintentional and makes me desire to live in Austin in the mid 70's. I have a bad feeling that the sequel will be forced.
            I Was there, brother. I was a 10th grader in '75/'76. Austin in the '70's was unbelievable. I become mesmerized every time I watch that movie. That WAS my life.

I hope the sequel is better than what they did to "American Graffiti" (another great time-period epic). It was beyond awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
              I Was there, brother. I was a 10th grader in '75/'76. Austin in the '70's was unbelievable. I become mesmerized every time I watch that movie. That WAS my life.

I hope the sequel is better than what they did to "American Graffiti" (another great time-period epic). It was beyond awful.
              If I invent a time machine, we'll go back.

Comment

Alright alright alright!
                Originally posted by talisman
                I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                Originally posted by AdamLX
                If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                Because fuck you, that's why
                Originally posted by 80coupe
                nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                Originally posted by Rick Modena
                ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                Originally posted by Jester
                Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

I wonder if the high school girls will still be the same age.
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

If I invent a time machine, we'll go back.
                    In!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                      I wonder if the high school girls will still be the same age.
                      What I wouldn't do to have another stab at that herd!

Comment

terrible mistake IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                          What I wouldn't do to have another stab at that herd!
                          I'd imagine with the time, culture, and all other parts, snatching high quality trim was like walking out and starting your car.

Comment

I'd imagine with the time, culture, and all other parts, snatching high quality trim was like walking out and starting your car.
                            Definitely a different culture...and mindset.

Comment

Working...
                            X