The World's End- dir Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The World's End- dir Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg,

Nick Frost, and Martin Freeman; some of the best guys in British Comedy. This is going to be awesome.

Only to elitist assholes such as yourself!
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Looks great; I love their movies.
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Fuckin'. A. I'm in.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Hell Ya.
          Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Fuck yeah

Comment

I'm seein' that fo sho!

Comment

Looks better than any comedy coming out of Hollywood.

Comment

I saw the preview for this when I caught Fast & the Furious 6 this past weekend. Looks funny and I'll probably catch it.

Comment

I'm in

Comment

Looks fun!

Comment

I really enjoyed it. Edgar Wright continues the Hot Fuzz style with lots of quick cuts of mundane action, and really improved his fight sequences since Scott Pilgrim. Plenty of stuck in the 90's references(of which I can certainly relate), subtle British Humor and wordplay, pay off jokes you don't see coming just at the right time, and hilarity throughout. Last ten minutes was sort of meh, like Shaun of the Dead, like they couldn't figure out a way to just say The End. Aside from that, I really loved it, and was laughing through the whole thing. Definitely worth seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          I really enjoyed it. Edgar Wright continues the Hot Fuzz style with lots of quick cuts of mundane action, and really improved his fight sequences since Scott Pilgrim. Plenty of stuck in the 90's references(of which I can certainly relate), subtle British Humor and wordplay, pay off jokes you don't see coming just at the right time, and hilarity throughout. Last ten minutes was sort of meh, like Shaun of the Dead, like they couldn't figure out a way to just say The End. Aside from that, I really loved it, and was laughing through the whole thing. Definitely worth seeing.
                          Good enough for me! (because fuck anything north of 12/31/99)

Comment

On Amazon Streaming. Watched it again and stand by the original review. The first hour is just rapid fire jokes. They are so well written and embedded in the story you have to really pay attention. I haven't laughed this hard at a movie in a VERY long time. Extremely clever for the first half, second half isn't bad, but like all of Wright/Pegg/Frost movies they have to throw the plot in there somewhere and bring it to an end.

Comment

It was good. But I was a little disappointed... Wasn't really funny at all... I'm a huge pegg/frost fan and didn't get the laughs I'd thought I would. Honestly, I wanted to see if but never had the chance. Wasn't until I saw tali talking it up that I rented it on Xbox video. Entertaining, but not as good as Shaun fuzz or even Paul...

Comment

Working...
                              X