The Dark Knight Rises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
    Since there have 5 to 6 robins I disagree that this wasnt the 'real' robin. The end of the movie positioned John Blake (Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character) into becoming robin (or batman) by
    *spoliers*
    1) announcing his real name was robin, 2) Bruce Wane's will giving Blake the satchel with the GPS cords, and equipment to discover the bat cave 3) Batman's death was staged with the batwing having autopilot

I suspect we will see another batman movie with plot involving Bruce Wane mentoring a young former policeman to one day take batman's spot, and with the nuclear bomb from this latest movie the have even made it possible to have mutants and give lots of nods to the dark knight returns
    "Robin" John Blake is the next in Batman according to the end of the movie. The fact that his name is "Robin" was Christopher Nolans way to give a nod to the character of Robin. Dick Grayson, Tim Drake, Jason Todd, Damian Wayne and Stephanie Brown all have taken on the mantle of Robin. John Blake is chosen as the heir to the mantle of Batman. I don't see how you are assuming he's Robin. Nolan made this character with the qualities that Robin had. Never once was he mentioned as the The Boy Wonder.

As far as them doing another Batman series will probably not happen anytime soon.. They're working on a Justice League movie and plan on recasting Batman. I for one think JGL would fit the role perfect. Honestly any other Batman series wouldn't hold up against Nolan's series.
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

• Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
      "Robin" John Blake is the next in Batman according to the end of the movie. .... John Blake is chosen as the heir to the mantle of Batman.
      It can be interpreted a couple different ways since it wasn't spelled out in the movie.

While Blake may be the chosen one that doesnt mean he has the skills to be batman (he doesnt). So he is going to need some training, apprenticeship, and tutelage from a master.

Originally posted by idrivea4banger
      I don't see how you are assuming he's Robin.
      ... his name is "Robin" .. a nod to the character of Robin. .... Nolan made this character with the qualities that Robin had. ... is chosen as the heir to the mantle of Batman

All your words

Never once was he mentioned as the The Boy Wonder.
      So it wasnt said, but rather it was implied by his portrayal and his "qualities"

As far as them doing another Batman series will probably not happen anytime soon.. They're working on a Justice League movie and plan on recasting Batman. I for one think JGL would fit the role perfect. Honestly any other Batman series wouldn't hold up against Nolan's series.
      JL makes an excellent time to introduce a new actor for batman since we dont need the backstory, and the studio can judge peoples reaction to the new actor. It may even be Joseph Gordon-Levitt as batman, but I suspect it will be as robin, as that would make a different dynamic than any of avengers

Then the next batman movie could be the backstory of batman and robin

I also think a lot people can do a movie better than dark knight rises, cause it was pretty weak.

Comment

• I thought it was good, but also thought it was the worst of the 3.
        satisfaction is the death of desire...

its still "We the people"...right?

Comment

• I thought it was good. The only thing I found irritating was Banes voice. I literally only understood about half of what he was saying. It either got more clear as the movie went on, or I got used to it. I thought it was a pretty decent ending to the trilogy, and I hope they leave it alone and don't make any more on this arc.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
            I thought it was good. The only thing I found irritating was Banes voice. I literally only understood about half of what he was saying. It either got more clear as the movie went on, or I got used to it. I thought it was a pretty decent ending to the trilogy, and I hope they leave it alone and don't make any more on this arc.
            I liked his voice. I found it especially entertaining at the stadium when he was making his grand speech to all the closet communists to take everything from the rich because it belongs to "the people".

[Bane] And give it back to yooouuu, the people.[/bane]

The tone of voice and the head gestures while saying it made me laugh. Straight out of the Occupy movement.

Comment

• If they really are doing a justice league movie, then it should come in line behind the new superman. Also, Nolan's dark knight batman definitely wouldn't be the justice league batman, unless they plan on gong back 10-15 years, then they break continuity as to why any other superheroes didn't come to help batman and Gotham. Expect the justice league to release first, then you'll get wonder woman, aquaman, flash, and cyborg back stories. Since they along with batman, sperman, and green lantern are the originals. I'm assuming they'll follow the New 52 line of comics rebooted last year as well.

Nolan's batman seems to me to be the batman of one of the other 51 earths in the multiverse, allowing him not to interact with other superheroes, breaking DC continuity, etc.

My biggest problem with Bane, was he was played by a 5'10, 190 pound guy. Bane was always larger than life, built like a powerlifter. At least 6'4, 250+

Comment

• Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                I liked his voice. I found it especially entertaining at the stadium when he was making his grand speech to all the closet communists to take everything from the rich because it belongs to "the people".

[Bane] And give it back to yooouuu, the people.[/bane]

The tone of voice and the head gestures while saying it made me laugh. Straight out of the Occupy movement.

I'm not knocking it, I just couldn't understand a lot of it. What he said that I could understand was interesting. I deciphered most of the football speech. I'm sure I'll be able to figure it all out on bluray. It was like reading A Clockwork Orange, and suddenly 40 pages in you understand what they're talking about with the slang, only this was just his distorted voice.

Comment

• Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                  Since there have 5 to 6 robins I disagree that this wasnt the 'real' robin. The end of the movie positioned John Blake (Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character) into becoming robin (or batman) by
                  *spoliers*
                  1) announcing his real name was robin, 2) Bruce Wane's will giving Blake the satchel with the GPS cords, and equipment to discover the bat cave 3) Batman's death was staged with the batwing having autopilot

I suspect we will see another batman movie with plot involving Bruce Wane mentoring a young former policeman to one day take batman's spot, and with the nuclear bomb from this latest movie the have even made it possible to have mutants and give lots of nods to the dark knight returns
                  Rumor has it "Hit or Die" Kesey will be the villain once again for the new Robin movie.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  i know i am are a fucking idiot.i know i should have pulled out of my mommas ass to make a shit fuck like me.bitch
                  Originally Posted By: Polska
                  I don't believe in shotting any animal past 150 or 200 yards, until their is better technology in 10 or 20 years and we have laser like the predators.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                    If they really are doing a justice league movie, then it should come in line behind the new superman. Also, Nolan's dark knight batman definitely wouldn't be the justice league batman, unless they plan on gong back 10-15 years, then they break continuity as to why any other superheroes didn't come to help batman and Gotham. Expect the justice league to release first, then you'll get wonder woman, aquaman, flash, and cyborg back stories. Since they along with batman, sperman, and green lantern are the originals. I'm assuming they'll follow the New 52 line of comics rebooted last year as well.

Nolan's batman seems to me to be the batman of one of the other 51 earths in the multiverse, allowing him not to interact with other superheroes, breaking DC continuity, etc.

My biggest problem with Bane, was he was played by a 5'10, 190 pound guy. Bane was always larger than life, built like a powerlifter. At least 6'4, 250+
                    The way they did the camera angles it made him look larger than 5'10" for the most part.
                    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• while the other version of Batman sucked.. jeep Svenson IMO had the right "size" for bane....
                      2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

• ^^^^^That version of Bane was a joke.
                        Originally posted by talisman
                        I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                        Originally posted by AdamLX
                        If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        Because fuck you, that's why
                        Originally posted by 80coupe
                        nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                        Originally posted by Rick Modena
                        ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                        Originally posted by Jester
                        Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

• Yea, that version was stupid, but the size was right.

I sitll think Roland Kickinger should have done the acting, with a voice over from someone else, vader style.
                          sigpic

Comment

• I agree that version of bane was hokey, but so were those movies, and kind of the point depending on which comic series of batman you followed.

But that was exactly the size I was expecting for Bane. Hell there are plenty of pro wrestlers/actors that could have played that part better in the dark knight series.

Comment

• finally got to see this movie yesterday....am I the only one that thinks it wasn't that great? I mean it was an okay movie to me. What I really didn't like was the fighting in it, turning heads right before the punch was thrown. I know the movie had a lot of extras running around and I couldn't help but notice how some of these people were really bad at some of the action scenes. There was a scene almost at the end where they were attempting to find the bomb in one of the trucks and some of the good guys were taking over a Red Pickup with a machine gun on the back. The bad guy that was on the gun was about to get hit and you could see that he just waited there for the punch/kick to get there so he could fall off the truck. Maybe I just caught the little shit that a lot of people overlook and was bothered by it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gizmo View Post
                                finally got to see this movie yesterday....am I the only one that thinks it wasn't that great? I mean it was an okay movie to me. What I really didn't like was the fighting in it,...
                                I'm with you I dont think it was as well done as the first 2. I noticed the fight choreography and cinematography was lacking in quality also

Comment

Working...
                                X