Guardians of the Galaxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I guess they don't think the Brits know how to appreciate a good action comedy.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I don't know anything about guardians of the galaxy. Is this suppose to be part of the continuing MCU with avengers and such? I'm just having a hard time with a walking tree and a runt of a raccoon to be taken seriously. The only good thing so far is zoe salanda.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jefehbk View Post
          I don't know anything about guardians of the galaxy. Is this suppose to be part of the continuing MCU with avengers and such? I'm just having a hard time with a walking tree and a runt of a raccoon to be taken seriously. The only good thing so far is zoe salanda.
          It's tied in with the current marvelverse. Just by the trailers it's not supposed to be too serious.

And tony, what does that mean? They are using comedy to pander to the Brits?

Comment

It was a joke about the British not having a sense of humor since the UK trailer focused on all the plot and action and barely had any humor in it, pretty much the opposite of the other trailers.
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Not sure hwy but i have incredibly high hopes for this movie, think it will be one of the best stand alone ones Marvel has done yet!

Comment

New trailer. Man I can't wait to see this movie. Hope it doesn't disappoint, but I've got faith in Marvel.

Comment

5 Minute long extended scene/trailer in link.

Fresh off of its extremely well-received press screenings this past weekend, Marvel Studios' Guardians Of The Galaxy is only adding fuel to the fandom fire with each passing moment! There is only a li

Comment

I can't tell if this is one of those movies I'm going to like better on the second go 'round, or figure out that I hate it. Very mild spoilers ahead.

There is obviously a lot of humor in this film, but most of it doesn't seem to serve much purpose. In previous MCU movies it usually at least drives the plot forward, here it seems like characters just act dumb for the sake of being dumb. Other MCU movies celebrate comedy by using it intelligently. A lot of this movie was weak jokes seeming to be used as filler.

Several of the characters I was really looking forward to seeing more of were only in the movie for a minute or two at most. There were several plot holes that weren't addressed. They might be leaving those for future films, but I thought they left a few interesting avenues of storytelling completely out, that could have either been made an interesting sub plot, or at least had wrapped up with 4 or 5 lines of dialogue.

Now that that's out of the way, there is a decent amount of FUNNY dialogue as well. I laughed out loud several times, and some of that was simple inventive sight gags, like The Collector having a golden retriever with a CCCP spacesuit on. The battle scenes were top notch, and so were the worlds, spaceships, aliens, etc. This is obviously a can't miss for any MCU followers, but they really crammed a lot of the good parts into the trailers. This is from my critical eye, and I know this is a movie I'll have to see more than once to fully appreciate, so take it with a grain of salt.

If there is any dialogue during the after credits scene, I'd appreciate it if someone could PM it to me. Some fucktard started screaming in the theater during it.

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

Well it is entertaining. The action really never stops. Not a lot of character development, straight to the point feelings.

The end of credits probably got more groans than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                          Well it is entertaining. The action really never stops. Not a lot of character development, straight to the point feelings.

The end of credits probably got more groans than anything else.
                          I was looking up movie times and the first news link listed under the show times spoiled the end credit scene for me. HtD?!? Wtf.....
                          Originally posted by talisman
                          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                          Originally posted by AdamLX
                          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                          Because fuck you, that's why
                          Originally posted by 80coupe
                          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                          Originally posted by Rick Modena
                          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                          Originally posted by Jester
                          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                            I was looking up movie times and the first news link listed under the show times spoiled the end credit scene for me. HtD?!? Wtf.....
                            I read some stories about his second chance but didn't expect to see that at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              I can't tell if this is one of those movies I'm going to like better on the second go 'round, or figure out that I hate it. Very mild spoilers ahead.

There is obviously a lot of humor in this film, but most of it doesn't seem to serve much purpose. In previous MCU movies it usually at least drives the plot forward, here it seems like characters just act dumb for the sake of being dumb. Other MCU movies celebrate comedy by using it intelligently. A lot of this movie was weak jokes seeming to be used as filler.

Several of the characters I was really looking forward to seeing more of were only in the movie for a minute or two at most. There were several plot holes that weren't addressed. They might be leaving those for future films, but I thought they left a few interesting avenues of storytelling completely out, that could have either been made an interesting sub plot, or at least had wrapped up with 4 or 5 lines of dialogue.

Now that that's out of the way, there is a decent amount of FUNNY dialogue as well. I laughed out loud several times, and some of that was simple inventive sight gags, like The Collector having a golden retriever with a CCCP spacesuit on. The battle scenes were top notch, and so were the worlds, spaceships, aliens, etc. This is obviously a can't miss for any MCU followers, but they really crammed a lot of the good parts into the trailers. This is from my critical eye, and I know this is a movie I'll have to see more than once to fully appreciate, so take it with a grain of salt.

If there is any dialogue during the after credits scene, I'd appreciate it if someone could PM it to me. Some fucktard started screaming in the theater during it.
                              Very accurate, it did feel like they crammed too much in at the beginning. I actually read the first line of your post and stopped till I watched it to get my own evaluation of the movie. I see it as a filler movie that was done exceptionally well. Almost like the movie seems to be the buffer for Chronos to be introduced IMO. It was a lot of fun for me and my kids, I am a sucker for underdog movies and I am satisfied on how this movie delivered.

Comment

94 million for a movie with a cast of characters no one knows. Pretty impressive but it had a huge amount of screenings. I'm not surprised they already had the second one lined up.

Comment

Working...
                                X