No announcement yet.

Guardians of the Galaxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, so much to say. First off for Marvel starting their independent journey at Iron Man. They have crushed it with this line of movies. Clearly have the right support crew in place to make such great movies.

Most everyone has no idea who the guardians of the galaxy were before the movie, i surely did not. So they did cram a lot into the beginning of the movie. A lot important to the movie itself and also of build up for the next few.

Like the others said, the first hour is crammed. Past that fact I thought it was brilliant. Entertaining from start to finish, they put way more humor in this movie than the others and I think with the casting it worked great! Will literally have to see this movie again because the theater was so loud with laughter on MULTIPLE occasions that the next few lines of dialogue were voided out! Bradley cooper, although not actually in the movie, was amazing as Rocket.

I think it is the best stand alone movie to date. Maybe tops Avengers in my book......maybe.......

Comment

Caught this yesterday and went in with low expectations and came out pleasantly surprised. Good movie and I would recommend to anyone that likes the genre.

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
        I think it is the best stand alone movie to date. Maybe tops Avengers in my book......maybe.......

Let's tap the brakes on the crazy talk, buddy.

Comment

I went in with high hopes and it did not disappoint.
          Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

so what was up with the cut scene with the collector and the dog can someone explain the significance?

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
              so what was up with the cut scene with the collector and the dog can someone explain the significance?
              The other character was Howard the Duck

If you don't know who that is, google.

Comment

HWD in the after credits cracked me up, anyone know the significance of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                  HWD in the after credits cracked me up, anyone know the significance of that?
                  Could just be a nod to the character, or it could be a test to see if people want to see another movie with him. No one really knows.

Comment

Saw it over the weekend and wasn't disappointed. I thought the comedy was placed well throughout the movie. I also felt a lot was crammed into the first half of the movie but what needed to be explained was done without losing too much momentum. There were some unanswered questions but they're probably saving them for the next movie. This seemed more of a filler than a continuation of the Marvel cinematic universe. It more so explains Thanos quest and gives us more information on the infinity stones. Plus it opens up a whole other universe for future marvel movies.
                    Originally posted by talisman
                    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                    Originally posted by AdamLX
                    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    Because fuck you, that's why
                    Originally posted by 80coupe
                    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                    Originally posted by Rick Modena
                    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

This explains a lot of what I was trying to convey in my review:

If you were to ask me whether or not to see it in theaters, I would tell you it’s worth the money. Flat out, it’s an enjoyable flick, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t still s

Whole lot of missed opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by scott mc View Post
                        hwd in the after credits cracked me up, anyone know the significance of that?

hwd?

EDIT: never mind, looked it up

Comment

Oops, HTD.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                            This explains a lot of what I was trying to convey in my review:

If you were to ask me whether or not to see it in theaters, I would tell you it’s worth the money. Flat out, it’s an enjoyable flick, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t still s

Whole lot of missed opportunities.
                            I read a similar article where Marvel hasn't had a villain that stood out other than Loki. They've missed opportunities to really showcase all of their main villains properly in all of their other films not just GotG. These guys only purpose was to help establish their heroic counterparts and to help each soryline connect to one another. If they're building everything up to showcase Thanos full on in Avengers 3 they better bring everything they've got and have him be a total complete badass. If they don't then everything they have done will have been pointless and Thanos will have been similar to the rest of the other villains; just another underwhelming portrayal.
                            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                              I read a similar article where Marvel hasn't had a villain that stood out other than Loki. They've missed opportunities to really showcase all of their main villains properly in all of their other films not just GotG. These guys only purpose was to help establish their heroic counterparts and to help each soryline connect to one another. If they're building everything up to showcase Thanos full on in Avengers 3 they better bring everything they've got and have him be a total complete badass. If they don't then everything they have done will have been pointless and Thanos will have been similar to the rest of the other villains; just another underwhelming portrayal.

Thanos' blank reaction without rebuttal to being told off by that other villain in GOTG in his last scene didn't inspire much of a "Oh, this guy is the ultimate badass" reaction. Another missed opportunity. GOTG just seemed like it crammed a bunch of characters in and then did nothing with them. I agree that Loki has been the only compelling villain throughout the MCU.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                                Thanos' blank reaction without rebuttal to being told off by that other villain in GOTG in his last scene didn't inspire much of a "Oh, this guy is the ultimate badass" reaction. Another missed opportunity. GOTG just seemed like it crammed a bunch of characters in and then did nothing with them. I agree that Loki has been the only compelling villain throughout the MCU.
                                I was disappointed in Thano's reaction to Ronan also. It was freaking cool to finally see him in full view but I was expecting him to come off his throne, grab Ronan by his neck and get in his face. But he wasn't the main focus point of the movie, Ronan was; they failed to utilize his character properly. They should've had him destroy Xandar then we would've seen what a maniac he truly was. They then could've paved the way for Nova to be introduced in the end. I'm not getting my hopes up with Ultron or any other villains they use. To me it's seems like the villians aren't being shown in their full potential because they don't want them to steal the spotlight for when we finally see Thanos at full force with the Infinity Gauntlet. Kind of shitty to downplay them for the sake of one major villian.

Comment

Working...
                                X