Steely Dan tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steely Dan tonight

I'm actually excited about seeing Becker/Fagen again. Floor seats two sections back. Should be fun.

I'll be there along with the rest of the olds

Comment

Smells like a retirement home in here.

Comment

Section 204 dead center.
        Drummer went to UNT. I'm not a drummer but I thought he was good. Drums were too loud. Fagan's mike was too loud and it seemed like he was having trouble singing. Overall good show. I'm glad I went.
        Last edited by EW; 09-01-2013, 05:11 PM.

Comment

We ended up in one of the executive (Mazda) suites. Very good seats and some nice company. Had our own bar right there with us. The Dan has always had some of the best pure musicians on staff, and last night was no exception. Jon Herington (current guitarist) left no licks on the table. I was concerned about that when you have the shoes of Skunk Baxter, Denny Dias, and Larry Carlton to fill.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            Smells like a retirement home in here.
            If you truly appreciate music, try a little "Can't Buy a Thrill" or "Countdown to Ecstasy".

Comment

I really would have liked to have gone to this with my old man! Had no idea until just now!
              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

i love most types of music, but i must say steely dan is my absolute least favorite band of all time. glad yall had fun!

god bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                  i love most types of music, but i must say steely dan is my absolute least favorite band of all time. glad yall had fun!

god bless.
                  I find taking a quaayludes mixes really well with the cuervo gold and the fine colombian... it'll make the night a wonderful one
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post

god bless.
                    There's no accounting for taste. To each his own.

Comment

Steely Dan IS quite possibly the whitest "pop" music ever, so I can understand his not liking it LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                        Steely Dan IS quite possibly the whitest "pop" music ever, so I can understand his not liking it LOL
                        I'm surprised a true music fan can't appreciate "Reeling in the Years" or "Rikki don't lose that number". Even Jimmy Page said that the Baxter solo in "Rikki don't lose that number" is one of his all-time favorites. A lot of their music is a bit too cerebral for me, but I still appreciate the musicianship that they've always brought to the table.

Comment

Hey 19 always makes me want to skate a little lower :cool:

Comment

The overplayed songs are not their best or best sounding imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                              Hey 19 always makes me want to skate a little lower :cool:
                              Probably my least favorite of theirs.

Comment

Working...
                              X