X-Men: First Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
    Give me some examples of what doesn't flow. Like I said, I don't know the comic storylines but I didn't see anything that distracted me from enjoying the movies.
    It is more of movie to movie thing. Mostly the Wolverine movie. It doesn't sink up with the trilogy. Cyclops is in the wolverine movie, for some reason that really isn't necessary, and he doesn't remember him in the first X-men movie. Don't you think you would remember someone that liberated you from a prison?

There are dozens of other things that don't link up to the comic books, but for you being the average movie watcher, you wouldn't notice. It is harder for people that know the history and backgrounds to understand the new storylines.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
      It is more of movie to movie thing. Mostly the Wolverine movie. It doesn't sink up with the trilogy. Cyclops is in the wolverine movie, for some reason that really isn't necessary, and he doesn't remember him in the first X-men movie. Don't you think you would remember someone that liberated you from a prison?

There are dozens of other things that don't link up to the comic books, but for you being the average movie watcher, you wouldn't notice. It is harder for people that know the history and backgrounds to understand the new storylines.
      although I think the Woverine movie was junk... I'm pretty sure cyclops never actually saw him since his eyes were closed the entire time he was being rescued. but I will ask, where were all of those mutants later on in the earlier movies?

Comment

I have no idea who the red guy is.
        Who is Azazel?
        A mutant from biblical times, Azazel is the ruler of the Neyaphem and claims that the Earth and everything on it belongs to him. To save humanity from persecution and death by Azazel, the angels banished him to the Brimstone dimension. Only able to leave this dimension for short amounts of time, he fathered many children throughout the Earth; Nightcrawler being one of them. Using his mental link with his children and bringing them all to one place, the place of his banishment, Azazel was able to open a portal to the brimstone dimension. Before he could finish, the X-Men arrived and a fight ensued with the X-Men being trapped in Azazel's dimension. With the help of Polaris and Azazel, all the X-Men escaped back to the real world.

I had to google it myself...

Comment

IIRC he didn't see anything because he had his eyes closed the whole time...
          Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
          A mutant from biblical times, Azazel is the ruler of the Neyaphem and claims that the Earth and everything on it belongs to him. To save humanity from persecution and death by Azazel, the angels banished him to the Brimstone dimension. Only able to leave this dimension for short amounts of time, he fathered many children throughout the Earth; Nightcrawler being one of them. Using his mental link with his children and bringing them all to one place, the place of his banishment, Azazel was able to open a portal to the brimstone dimension. Before he could finish, the X-Men arrived and a fight ensued with the X-Men being trapped in Azazel's dimension. With the help of Polaris and Azazel, all the X-Men escaped back to the real world.

I had to google it myself...
          That's just dumb! I hope it read better in the comics.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
            IIRC he didn't see anything because he had his eyes closed the whole time...That's just dumb! I hope it read better in the comics.
            He did, but it is still hard to believe he didn't know of Wolverine when he talked to all the other kids afterwards. Regardless, there was no reason for Cyclops or xavier to even be in the movie.

And yes that sounds dumb. I have never heard of that character and have no idea how that would fit in with this movie.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
              Wow they really fucked this up. Hank mccoy was not beast when the xmen were first created by Xavier. Mystique was not an xmen.
              I dnt mind them rewriting some of the story to put it into a movie but a little continuity would be nice. Hank McCoy is already blue in this one when he still looked human in his X2 cameo.

Comment

I'll wait till this one comes out on dvd to watch it

Comment

I never was much of a comic reader when I was growing up so all of the comic movies are more of an entertainment thing for me only. I thought the X-Men series delivered fairly well in this. Not great but better than ok. I will prolly wait for DVD as well.

Comment

Wow, this looks really fucking stupid
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I have to say, I was wrong about this movie. It is way better than the others.

Comment

Best X-Men movie to date, IMO. Just a hair better than X2. The first half of the movie was damn near perfect. It fell off a little after that, but overall I was very impressed.
                        Hellcat Charger

Comment

I just saw this movie today.. It was the best one i've seen so far
                          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                          X