Mortal Kombat Legacy 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortal Kombat Legacy 2

Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

really awful and not worth the wait....hate to say that

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
      really awful and not worth the wait....hate to say that
      Why do you say that? I liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
        Why do you say that? I liked it.
        I just think the first was wayyyy better, some of this just did not flow to me...

some pointed out holes from another site.

Kenshi had already killed Ermac at least 400 years in the past to get the sword. Why exactly is Ermac there? Is Shao Khan is allowed to search through the dead to find fighters?

Johnny cage running from a fight??

Mortal Kombat takes place once every generation, yet Kenshi, Scorpion and Sub-Zero are clearly from the Japan feudal era. That was from 1400-1600. That’s at least 400 years they teleport into the future with no explanation. There should have been 4 tournaments at least before this one. Why are they even there? Is Raiden and Sho Khan allowed to search through out time to find fighters? What is the time frame between tournaments?

2During the dinner scene with Shang Tsung and Liu Kang, Liu Kang made a reference to taking off Shang Tsungs head last time. What tournament was Liu Kang referring too? Who were the fighters? Have the rules changed to where it’s not a generation thing anymore?

Comment

I just think the first was wayyyy better, some of this just did not flow to me...

some pointed out holes from another site.

Kenshi had already killed Ermac at least 400 years in the past to get the sword. Why exactly is Ermac there? Is Shao Khan is allowed to search through the dead to find fighters?

Johnny cage running from a fight??

Mortal Kombat takes place once every generation, yet Kenshi, Scorpion and Sub-Zero are clearly from the Japan feudal era. That was from 1400-1600. That’s at least 400 years they teleport into the future with no explanation. There should have been 4 tournaments at least before this one. Why are they even there? Is Raiden and Sho Khan allowed to search through out time to find fighters? What is the time frame between tournaments?

2During the dinner scene with Shang Tsung and Liu Kang, Liu Kang made a reference to taking off Shang Tsungs head last time. What tournament was Liu Kang referring too? Who were the fighters? Have the rules changed to where it’s not a generation thing anymore?
          Shao Khan basically made a deal with Quan Chi and owns the netherworld as well as outworld, that is how he brought Ermac back, same goes for Scorpion, since Quan Chi owns his soul. Aside from earth realm, shao khan basically owns everything else.

Kenshi is immortal thanks to that sword, IIRC anyway. I can't remember the sub zero storyline as to why he is in the future. Every person takes liberties with the MK storyline.

There is a tournament every 10 years, the one where Liu Kang won is the one that saved earth, but Shao Kahn didn't take kindly to that, so he made a deal with Raiden, they would hold a second tournament and if earth realm won, then Shao Khan would never be able to invade earth.

In the first tournament, Liu Kang defeated Shang Tsung by turning into a dragon and biting his head off. In the second one, Shao Khan rejuvenated him and brought him back as his younger self.

Again, they are taking liberties with the story lines, like Stryker wasn't supposed to show up until MK3, when the forces of outworld invaded earth anyway. The Johnny Cage story is a big issue, in the first tournament, he was supposed to think it was a movie and be kinda scared of the supernatural forces, but he was supposed to have died in MK2, then been rewarded with life again by Raiden and fought for earth. I think he was a fan favorite that they tried to force in, especially since Baraka killed his ass in the first MK Legacy....

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
            Shao Khan basically made a deal with Quan Chi and owns the netherworld as well as outworld, that is how he brought Ermac back, same goes for Scorpion, since Quan Chi owns his soul. Aside from earth realm, shao khan basically owns everything else.

Kenshi is immortal thanks to that sword, IIRC anyway. I can't remember the sub zero storyline as to why he is in the future. Every person takes liberties with the MK storyline.

There is a tournament every 10 years, the one where Liu Kang won is the one that saved earth, but Shao Kahn didn't take kindly to that, so he made a deal with Raiden, they would hold a second tournament and if earth realm won, then Shao Khan would never be able to invade earth.

In the first tournament, Liu Kang defeated Shang Tsung by turning into a dragon and biting his head off. In the second one, Shao Khan rejuvenated him and brought him back as his younger self.

Again, they are taking liberties with the story lines, like Stryker wasn't supposed to show up until MK3, when the forces of outworld invaded earth anyway. The Johnny Cage story is a big issue, in the first tournament, he was supposed to think it was a movie and be kinda scared of the supernatural forces, but he was supposed to have died in MK2, then been rewarded with life again by Raiden and fought for earth. I think he was a fan favorite that they tried to force in, especially since Baraka killed his ass in the first MK Legacy....

did Baraka kill him in the first legacy too? I know he was killed in mortal kombat rebirth which is a different series.

Comment

did Baraka kill him in the first legacy too? I know he was killed in mortal kombat rebirth which is a different series.
              Ah, I may be thinking about the rebirth one. Either way, the other points stand.

Comment

Working...
              X