Inside Llewyn Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside Llewyn Davis

New film from Joel & Ethan Coen. I'm not sure about this one. I like them tackling the Beat era, but it seems like every 3rd movie they make is fucking horrible and this might be that one. Garrett Hedlund just did a quite brilliant turn as Neal Cassidy, aka Dean Moriarty in On The Road recently, so he has the chops to do something great in another Beat themed film, though it doesn't appear he is central in this movie. I'll watch it eventually, but hope I don't hate it like Barton Fink or A Serious Man.

Barton Fink is one of my favorites of their's. I haven't seen A Serious Man, but the plot didn't interest me either. I'm sure I'll watch it one day since it is a Coen bros. flick, but I'm in no hurry. This one, I probably will watch, given the subject matter.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

I liked the shit out of A Serious Man.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

LOL, I thought it was one of the worst movies I'd ever seen.

Comment

Looks shitty and boring, plus it's about a music genre I don't care for.

Comment

It was a pretty standard movie from them. Not one of their greats, not one of their drecks. Slightly above tolerable. LOL I'd leave this one at redbox and get Nebraska instead. The music was actually pretty decent, and I'm not big on folk.

Comment

Working...
            X