Late Night with Seth Meyers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late Night with Seth Meyers

Anybody else watch this yet? We watched the first show last night.. It was BAAAAAAAAD.

Many of the jokes were funny but his overall delivery was way off. The monologue was just like weekend update, but to a fault. He never breaks character, barely responds to audience reaction..

Hopefully for his sake he gets better. He was lucky that Amy Poehler was on, she helped him a lot.

I'm sure it's getting into a flow. Were you an expert your first day on the job?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
      I'm sure it's getting into a flow. Were you an expert your first day on the job?
      True enough. I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. I like him, and am pulling for him to do well. It was just way less polished than I would have expected, even for a first show.

Comment

Too bad Louis CK didn't get it.

Comment

I really don't think he is that funny. He doesn't really connect to the audience on SNL IMO. He just sits and smiles after his joke.

Comment

He had kanye on the second episode. Not only was kanye a dumbass, but I thought the show sucked.
            2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
              He had kanye on the second episode. Not only was kanye a dumbass, but I thought the show sucked.
              I wasn't watching really closely, but did "watch" that last night. His delivery improved a lot from night 1. What I heard of the Kanye part was ridiculous, as expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                I wasn't watching really closely, but did "watch" that last night. His delivery improved a lot from night 1. What I heard of the Kanye part was ridiculous, as expected.
                Did you see the whole staged actor in the audience scene that lasted about 15 minutes??
                2012 GT500

Comment

Did you see the whole staged actor in the audience scene that lasted about 15 minutes??
                  The two guys and the chick? I thought that was pretty funny. They seemed to be acknowledging how bad night 1 was, if I remember right.

I was messing with my computer while it was on.. I think I kept it though, I may need to watch it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                    The two guys and the chick? I thought that was pretty funny. They seemed to be acknowledging how bad night 1 was, if I remember right.
                    I thought it was awful and irrelevant., it droned on and on. The whole skit seemed to try to imitate something SNL might do. Hopefully it gets better, I can't see the ratings staying up at this pace.
                    2012 GT500

Comment

On the flip side, Fallon rules on The Tonight Show.
                      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                        That lip sync off, was great! lol.
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                          This is correct. Fallon is killing it. We always recorded Late Night when he had it, but now I don't really have any interest in watching Seth Meyers. Fallon is good for us and it's even better now that he's got the Tonight Show and a better time slot. I really hope they keep letting him do what he does without too much interference.

Comment

I thought it was awful and irrelevant., it droned on and on. The whole skit seemed to try to imitate something SNL might do. Hopefully it gets better, I can't see the ratings staying up at this pace.
                            Keep in mind, Lorne Michaels is the executive producer on this show, just like SNL, and I am willing to bet some of the writers he's using are, or were, SNL writers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              That lip sync off, was great! lol.
                              Paul Rudd's was, he nailed it. Jimmy's was overdone.

Comment

Working...
                              X