Bill Murray in St. Vincent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Murray in St. Vincent

This looks like it's going to be pretty damn good.

My hero.

Comment

That looks awesome

Comment

Looks sort of like a Bill Murray version of Grand Torino. lol

Comment

that fat chick is in everything these days

Comment

This was a pretty damn good movie. It wasn't overly humorous, but I was smiling through pretty much the entire first half. Last half gets a bit serious, but I sort of figured it was going to be that kind of film. I thought it was quite good. The kid was an alright actor and not annoying, also, which can always be a challenge in these types of movies. I look forward to watching Murray age and play crotchety old fucks in a couple of more movies if we are lucky.

It was also entertaining watching Murray channel Hunter S. Thompson in various scenes with some mannerisms, props, and music. I remember reading awhile back that Murray warned Johnny Depp before doing Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas that once Depp had played Thompson he would never fully get his mannerisms out of his system. Murray of course played HST in Where The Buffalo Roam in the early 80's.

Comment

I need to go see this. Even Bill Murray said in a interview this is one of the best movies he's been a part of
              1997 viper gts
              1986 turbo mustang
              1987 Buick grand national
              1972 nova

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                This was a pretty damn good movie. It wasn't overly humorous, but I was smiling through pretty much the entire first half. Last half gets a bit serious, but I sort of figured it was going to be that kind of film. I thought it was quite good. The kid was an alright actor and not annoying, also, which can always be a challenge in these types of movies.
                I agree with your review. It got a little heavy towards the end, but I still enjoyed it. I think the kid did a great job too. Same with his Mom... she's usually the over the top annoying character in her roles, she seemed genuine in this.

I think this movie really showed how flawed and special all human beings are, it just depends on what you want to look for.

About my only gripe was Murray's accent... it seemed to come and go.

Comment

Working...
                X