No announcement yet.

John wick movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A movie about a guy that drives a mustang, drinks good bourbon, knows a reasonable amount of jiu jitsu, and loves his HK. If they made Keanu older and slower and much less effective w/ the pistol, this could have been a movie about me. I enjoyed it a lot, looking forward to the sequel.

Comment

Even the slim look

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
        To be politically correct its guy with a tan
        Wouldn't it be more like an adaptation
        WH

Comment

I really liked this movie the first time I watched it and all this talk made me watch it again last night. It has probably some of the best shooting scenes I've seen on film, the fight at his house and later in the club. I rank it up there with the bank shootout in Heat and some scenes from Collateral with Tom Cruise. I'll probably replay those two scenes later on

I don't own the DVD but I always like watching the extras. Since I didn't have the DVD I read some of the trivia online and thought I'd share some of the following.
          • John Wick smoothly transitions between several shooting styles depending on the situation. During close-quarters battles and while moving through tight hallways, he employs a Center Axis Relock stance. When moving and shooting at longer ranges, he changes into more traditional Weaver and Isosceles stances.
          • During hand to hand combat scenes, John Wick shows himself to be a Judoka and use japanese traditional jujutsu. Judo is a Japanese martial art emphasizing throws. Specifically, Wick repeatedly uses head throws and arm throws. On the other hand, his rival assassin, Ms. Perkins, uses Brazilian Jiu-jitsu (employing a Kimura shoulder lock, the crucifix position and using her leather jacket as a Gi to perform a wing choke in her fight against Wick in the hotel room).
          • The pistol John Wick primarily used in the beginning of the film is a Heckler & Koch P30 with a customised suppressor/compensator
          • One of the most notable tattoos is the Latin phrase "Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat", which literally translates to Fortune Favors the Bold. This statement is used as the motto for the 3rd Battalion Marines stationed in the Marine Corps base in Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii. This could be a nod to Keanu Reeves' Native Hawaiian heritage, and may also indicate John Wick's Marine background in the film.
          • The alcohol John drinks throughout the film is Blanton's bourbon.
          • John Wick kills 77 people.
          • Body count: 119.
          • The Red Shirt Henchmen are an homage to Star Trek (1966).

I looked up Center Axis Relock stance last night and saw some cool videos on it. Pretty interesting stuff.

Comment

He's a badass. Except when big SUVs speed towards him, that's his kryptonite.

Comment

I love it. Not many action movies have a good plot. This one has a great plot. Don't fuck with my car and dog you useless freak actor from Game of Thrones.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                I didn't say nigger. I said nigga.
                I don't even know how you can type that. For me it comes up as lint...something.
                WH

Comment

Wick 2

Comment

What....they CGI guns firing now?
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                      He's a badass. Except when big SUVs speed towards him, that's his kryptonite.
                      LOL!

Ya I actually read about this a few weeks back but forgot to share. Can't wait for it to come out and will actually go see it in the theater (unlike this one). I actually picked up the DVD a couple of weeks back at Best Buy because I saw it was on sale for like $5.99. First DVD I've purchased in a really long time.

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                      What....they CGI guns firing now?
                      I hope not!

Comment

Damn it this movie delivered in so many ways. And yes, the best scene in the movie is when the boss is on the phone, is told what his son did and his only reaction is "Oh"

Comment

Yea this movie is on my list of movies I can watch any time.

Comment

Comment

Teaser video:

Edit, found YouTube:

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X