No! No! No! Big Trouble in Little China...remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No! No! No! Big Trouble in Little China...remake

20th Century Fox is excited about a new take from “X-Men: First Class” writers Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is in negotiations to star in and produce a remake of John Carpenter‘s cult classic “Big Trouble in Little China” that will be written by “X-Men: First Class” scribes Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz, multiple individuals familiar with the project have told TheWrap.

A representative for 20th Century Fox did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Johnson is making a deal to play Jack Burton, an all-American trucker who gets dragged into a centuries-old mystical battle in San Francisco’s Chinatown.
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

This is going to sound crazy, but here me out. . . remakes can actually be good movies, and stand on their own feet.

I don't care if something is a remake or not, I just want it to be good.

People are fucking loving MadMax right now.
    sigpic

Comment

Gotta agree. If its done right, I've got no problem with a remake. As long as its like 20 years later, not one right after another like all this spiderman and batman BS
      WH

Comment

The Rock is the wrong person for Jack Burton.

Comment

I agree the rock is the wrong fit, but big movie companies don't care about that. It's all about how big a name in Hollywood they are so the movie will bring in more money. People will go see it, just because it has the rock in it...
          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
            This is going to sound crazy, but here me out. . . remakes can actually be good movies, and stand on their own feet.

I don't care if something is a remake or not, I just want it to be good.

People are fucking loving MadMax right now.
            As I understood it, Fury Road is a sequel not a remake.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
              As I understood it, Fury Road is a sequel not a remake.
              Lets be honest, it could be either and people would still love it.
              sigpic

Comment

the lady that played miao yin, suzee pai, was in penthouse. just read that on imdb. not bad either.

google a lady's name and you find the nudes, kids today have it so easy.

Comment

There was a certain swagger behind Russel's Burton, that Dwayne won't be able to do, IMO. The whole movie was just great, with Burton thinking he's the action hero he's not.

Guess we'll see if they can make it worthy.
                  "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

As long as Kurt is in it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X