Mythbusters final season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mythbusters final season

Article with interviews here. This has to be one of the worst articles I've ever seen from a writing/proofreading stand point, but that aside, I'm sad to see one of my favorite shows go away and I'm glad we got interviews to get Adam and Jamie's thoughts on the matter.

Apparently they knew this was coming and made this final season BIG.

This was interesting:

You and Adam have famously had a great working partnership but have never been friends. Given that, do you think you’ll still continue any kind of partnership now that the show is over?
    Hyneman: That’s a good question. We like to point out we’ve known each other for 25 years and never once sat down to have dinner alone together. We sort of managed to tolerate each other. I think it’s probably safe to say that continuing our on screen relationship in front of the camera is probably not happening. I expect Adam may well pursue things in front of the camera, but I’m most likely not. It’s not who I am. This has been a very rewarding and interesting decade, but its not really what I’m cut out for.
    I asked Jamie whether you guys still expect to collaborate after the show is over. He figured this was probably going to be it.
    Savage: I would say the same thing. It has been an incredibly productive marriage, but I think this is plausibly the end of the line. Though you never say never. We were at the White House last night doing live hosting online streaming for their astronomy night. I expect we’ll be thrust together again through many different circumstances.

Comment

Yeah, they've been pretty vocal about the fact that they aren't friends. That said, it wouldn't surprise me if "C:/friend" wasn't in Jamie's programming.

Comment

I never knew they weren't friends. I did think it's weird that on Tested.com they show Jamie as part of the team, but very rarely has he been in any of their production pieces.

As to Mythbusters, I thought it was overdue to be done.

Comment

The show just is not the same since they cut the other 3.

Also, what else can they really address?
          Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Yeah, it got boring a few years back. Everything now was just a big explosion with C4 to watch things go boom.

One myth I wish they tested, does Visine eye drops put into a drink really give someone diarrhea???

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
              Yeah, it got boring a few years back. Everything now was just a big explosion with C4 to watch things go boom.

One myth I wish they tested, does Visine eye drops put into a drink really give someone diarrhea???
              I have to agree. I haven't watch the show but a hand full of times in years. I didn't even know they were still making new episodes.

Comment

Yeah apparently Grant, Carrie, and Tory all got together outside of the show on occassion, and sometimes Adam as well. I got the impression reading several interviews that Jaimie was just about work and really had nothing in common with them so he would just spend time with his wife and other friends. Don't watch the show weekly, but will miss seeing new episodes occasionally.
                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I miss K, G & T, but I'd take this show in whatever form pretty much forever. I think Jamie will fade into obscurity and Adam will go on to do other cool stuff. Tested.com is a fun site.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post

just try it and find out

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                      I miss K, G & T, but I'd take this show in whatever form pretty much forever. I think Jamie will fade into obscurity and Adam will go on to do other cool stuff. Tested.com is a fun site.
                      Probably right. Adam seems like he enjoys the spotlight and has an outgoing personality to deal with it. Jaimie seems like he really just wants to be left alone in his shop to tinker with shit. Nothing wrong with either, but I always suspected Adam like the fame alot more than Jaimie did.
                      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I found after season 3 that the outakes oddly made Jamie and Adam look like assholes in real life. I watch Adams YouTube channel and he can be very pompous at times. I am not surprised they are splitting ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                          I found after season 3 that the outakes oddly made Jamie and Adam look like assholes in real life. I watch Adams YouTube channel and he can be very pompous at times. I am not surprised they are splitting ways.
                          I listen to the "Still Untitled" (Tested) podcast all the time, and I think Adam rocks. I haven't gotten a pompous vibe and he has plenty of chances for it. If anything, I think he worries a lot about how he's perceived and tries his best to be kind and help people out.

Comment

I would put your thoughts on the issue outweigh mine brotha. Not the first ti e I have been wrong and won't be tge last lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                              just try it and find out
                              True, next party I go to I'll be spiking drinks!

Comment

Working...
                              X