making a murderer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chili View Post
    We watched the whole thing, then ended up re-watching the last 4-5 episodes with Lea's brother over this weekend.

I'm not convinced that Avery didn't do it, but I am convinced that there were definitely shenanigans from the Sheriff's office and that the prosecutors, judge(s), and many of the senior LEO's were all pieces of shit.

At a minimum I think there was plenty of evidence to find reasonable doubt on Avery, and I believe his nephew was totally innocent. The nephew's first lawyer and his investigator are the lowest piles of shit I saw, and the lawyer should not be able to practice.

If anyone else did it, I would be looking at the nephew's brother and step-dad..
    That's who I thought did it, the nephew that testified against Avery

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
      only on a single bullet that has questionable lab results
      Yeah, the control sample was tainted. Their policy is to then call the results "inconclusive" but decided not to in this case.

The thing I thought was weird was where they found that bullet. It was just sitting on the floor in the garage, under a riding mower, if I remember right. There was DNA on the bullet but no other DNA was found anywhere in the garage.

I will happily acknowledge that I have looked at no other sources for information, other than this series. From what I understand there is some information / evidence that the makers left out.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        The bullet with her DNA on it was shot out of Avery's gun.

It's one of the only non circumstantial pieces of evidence in the whole case. But it's also the only place her DNA was found.
        Did you see / read / hear that somewhere other than the show? I only ask because I don't remember them saying that at any time in the show. Hell, I don't remember them even saying if they confirmed it was a .22.

Comment

The bullet with her DNA on it was shot out of Avery's gun.

It's one of the only non circumstantial pieces of evidence in the whole case. But it's also the only place her DNA was found.
          The only place they found her DNA, four months later over a two day search of this garage.

They had 8 days in the beginning and apparently didn't see the need to go through that garage piece by piece? Am I getting the time line wrong?

oh and don't forget the police department was involved with the second search of the garage when they really weren't supposed to/needed to be.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
            I read that last night and pretty much changed my opinion.

I sort of changed back after the EDTA testing too. That was the smoking gun for me. I didn't know they put stuff in test tubes to preserve blood but I was shouting the whole time to test for something that could be found in the test tube vs human body.

It is still puzzling that if she was shot in the head in the garage or in the bedroom there would but some evidence of blood somewhere.
            But they only tested 3 of the 6 samples that were sent to them

Comment

Did you see / read / hear that somewhere other than the show? I only ask because I don't remember them saying that at any time in the show. Hell, I don't remember them even saying if they confirmed it was a .22.
              I really don't recall. I've read so many different articles on this case.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I really don't recall. I've read so many different articles on this case.
                Gotcha.. I just did some quick googling and found this: http://onmilwaukee.com/movies/articl...instavery.html

Only read a little, but am interested in seeing what all was left out of the series..

Comment

One thing that watching this has reminded me of is how damn ugly people from that part of the country are.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                    One thing that watching this has reminded me of is how damn ugly people from that part of the country are.
                    And stupid. I can't tell you how many times I rolled my eyes at dumbass questions.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      And stupid. I can't tell you how many times I rolled my eyes at dumbass questions.
                      Lol.. They commented that Avery has an iq of 70 and the kid 73.. I wonder if anyone in the family scores over 80!

Comment

Lol.. They commented that Avery has an iq of 70 and the kid 73.. I wonder if anyone in the family scores over 80!
                        If the kid had a IQ of 73 why in the hell were the police allowed to talk to him with out parental consent or a lawyer?
                        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

In today's news:

"Making a Murderer" creators Laura Ricciardi and Moira Demos appeared on "The Today Show" Tuesday to reveal a new twist to the story of Steven Avery: at least one juror believes he was framed by police.

Ricciardi and Demos' Netflix documentary series follows Avery's trial after he is accused of murdering photographer Teresa Halbach. Throughout the trial, Avery's lawyers argued that he was set up by local police, who they claim planted his blood on the victim's car and left her keys in his bedroom.

According to Ricciardi, the filmmakers were contacted by the juror after the series was released last month.

"They believe Steven Avery was not proven guilty, they believe Steven was framed by law enforcement and that he deserves a new trial," Riccairdi told the "Today" hosts. "And if he receives a new trial, in their opinion, it should take place far away from Wisconsin."

The murder took place in Wisconsin's Manitowoc County, where Avery as well as the jurors were from, and the trial was in nearby Calumet County. Avery has long been a well-known and semi-notorious figure in the area.

There was speculation included in "Making a Murderer" that the jury pool may have been tainted by the media coverage leading up to Avery's trial. A televised press conference by district attorney Ken Kratz, for example, included a graphic description of Halbach's murder based on potentially flawed testimony from Avery's nephew, Brendan Dassey.

The unnamed juror who spoke with the filmmakers revealed that they only voted to find Avery guilty to protect themselves.

"Obviously we asked this person, 'So, explain what happened, why did you cast your vote for guilty?' And what they told us was they feared for their personal safety," Demos said on "Today."

While this may not have an immediate legal impact on Avery's conviction, it is further fuel for theories that he unfairly sits in prison.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                            In today's news:
                            That doesn't surprise me.. Even in the show they mention that the first vote at the beginning of deliberations was 3 Guilty, 7 Not Guilty, the rest undecided.. The juror that was released mentioned that the 'not guilty' side was much more passive than the 'guilty' side, and he presumed the not guilty jurors ultimately gave in because they were apathetic.

Comment

I read all the finer points that the documentary left out and it took almost all of the doubt out about him doing it. Also, that kid not remembering anything when he testified last made him look guilty as hell. That whole deal just made him look like a liar. I wasn't real fond of the way they interviewed him to begin with and in Texas you can not interview a minor with out a magistrate. But the way Avery pursued her, and the way he kept calling her the day of really looks bad for him. The no blood spatter in the room is strange. I think he killed her somewhere else, probably raped her, then drove her back and burned her up.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I must have missed the part where they show his phone records

Comment

Working...
                                X