X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lights Out

Anyone else watching this show?

I have really enjoyed it so far.

I didn't like the first episode, but decided to give it a few episodes in before I made my mind up on whether or not I would continue watching it. After the second episode, I made my mind up.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
      After the second episode, I made my mind up.
      And?

I don't like the unoriginal Rocky story line... I've been watching, but I'm a bit disappointed, honestly. Just not the quality of show I've come to expect from FX. Very predictable.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        And?

I don't like the unoriginal Rocky story line... I've been watching, but I'm a bit disappointed, honestly. Just not the quality of show I've come to expect from FX. Very predictable.
        I like it. I don't think it's the greatest show ever put on FX, but it's better than most anything on ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox. I did watch The Chicago Code last night and thought it was quite good as well. I'm a big fan of most everything Shawn Ryan has touched though. He started to get back into the game with FX last year with Terriers, which I absolutely loved. The Chicago Code story seems a bit like The Wire though -- police and political corruption. But I digress.

Yes, I like Lights Out and do look forward to the upcoming episodes.

Comment

I like how he is just a quiet volcano of violence and rage that is just begging to erupt, and there is an interesting thread with his brother and father working in the same gym which is interesting to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
            I like it. I don't think it's the greatest show ever put on FX, but it's better than most anything on ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox. I did watch The Chicago Code last night and thought it was quite good as well. I'm a big fan of most everything Shawn Ryan has touched though. He started to get back into the game with FX last year with Terriers, which I absolutely loved. The Chicago Code story seems a bit like The Wire though -- police and political corruption. But I digress.

Yes, I like Lights Out and do look forward to the upcoming episodes.

They were talking about Chicago Code on the Ticket the other day. Said it was a mixture of The Wire, Brotherhood, and The Shield. I'll have to check it out.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Chicago code was pretty good for the first episode, but to compare it to any of those 3 shows is an injustice.

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
                Chicago code was pretty good for the first episode, but to compare it to any of those 3 shows is an injustice.
                The comparisons were in content, not quality. Pull your head out man. And who knows? Maybe it will be better than all three of those shows (highly doubtful). Hard to tell after just one episode!

Comment

Working...
                X