Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Last edited by GhostTX; 10-03-2016, 08:00 PM.
      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Y'all are slacking
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

8 more days....

I have high hopes that this will be much better than the let down that The Force Awakens was.

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
            8 more days....

I have high hopes that this will be much better than the let down that The Force Awakens was.
            While I can't agree with that assessment, this one is looking like it has the chance to be even better.

Comment

This is pretty cool. Marketing team throwing out all the stops for this movie. I bet the crowds will be insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
                8 more days....

That movie was a pile of shit. Glad I am not the only one who thinks that.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                  That movie was a pile of shit. Glad I am not the only one who thinks that.
                  You're not the only one, but close.

Thirty years after the defeat of the Galactic Empire, the galaxy faces a new threat from the evil Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) and the First Order. When a defector named Finn crash-lands on a desert planet, he meets Rey (Daisy Ridley), a tough scavenger whose droid contains a top-secret map. Together, the young duo joins forces with Han Solo (Harrison Ford) to make sure the Resistance receives the intelligence concerning the whereabouts of Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill), the last of the Jedi Knights.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                    You're not the only one, but close.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sta..._force_awakens
                    The Empire Strikes Back has a 94% rating. So are you making the case that this movie is just as good?
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      The Empire Strikes Back has a 94% rating. So are you making the case that this movie is just as good?
                      Of course not. Empire is objectively 2% better.

Lol, it's not a system that ranks quality from one to a hundred. It averages a binary response. Is the move good or bad? Over 90% agree that both qualify as "good".

Besides, the question wasn't "how good is this motive from 1-to-100?". It was "am I the only person that thinks that movie was a pile of shit?". And the answer is no, you aren't the only one but you're in the vast minority.

Comment

To quote Mr. Garrison:

Every great empire reaches a point where going backward can seem more appealing than going forward. When the world is changing so fast, it makes us yearn for the old ways when life seemed simpler. But it doesn’t mean those old ideas are good for us now. We have to face one hard reality as a country … the new Star Wars was not as good as everyone thought it was.
                        lol
                        Last edited by Gargamel; 12-09-2016, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Hah! Hadn't heard/seen that before, but there's definitely something to it.

I think the main thing is, after seeing how low the bar can be set with the prequels, something with charisma and chemistry between characters gets more credit than it may deserve.

Comment

Good movie.
                            Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

I thought they did a good job of the slight re-branding. Was a great movie overall and the fight scenes were on point.

Comment

It is incredible what they can do with CGI when it is done right. Some of that was incredibly impressive.

Comment

Working...
                                X