Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, and Volbeat Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
    Some would say they've been sold out since 1991.

Seeing them five times is enough for my lifetime.
    Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post

Seeing them five times is enough for my lifetime.
      I've seen them more times than I can remember, so I'm out, especially at $155.00 per...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I grew up listening to their music. I think it was Zrock where I first heard them and was the only station to play them at the time? Anyway I've never seen them live before, but that will change soon as my daughter bought us tickets to go see them for Father's day.
        She likes them too which I think is pretty cool. I found myself liking music before my time as well. Stuff I heard in the back seat while riding with my parents.

Comment

Who all went ? Yes I paid $50 for parking and $20 a margarita for my date but it was a good time. Sound quality is always an issue there though. I ended up leaving a little after seek and destroy just to beat out all the traffic.

Comment

I went with several board members, and I know of quite a few others that were there. We were up in the nosebleeds, but it was a great show! Fucking $9 cans of beer though.
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by chronical View Post
              Who all went ? Yes I paid $50 for parking and $20 a margarita for my date but it was a good time. Sound quality is always an issue there though. I ended up leaving a little after seek and destroy just to beat out all the traffic.
              Dad and I did VIP. Let me tell you, access to the Metallica VIP lounge and buffet was totally worth it. Got to stay away from all you nosebleed peasants
              2012 GT500

Comment

I thought it was awesome, we were in c313, enjoyed the hell out of the show.

Comment

We weren't in the nosebleeds. Had a good time, paid $60 for uber there and back home. And didn't have to deal with shit!

Comment

Went, awesome time. I'm not as money as cobraman but show was good. Took fucking forever to get out of there.
                    Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

My 16 yr old son and I went and had a good time. He and I agreed that Metallica's performance and setlist were awesome, but that AT&T Stadium just isn't a good place for concerts. Without getting too deep, a big part of why I love seeing live music is the connection with the band - it's to feel like I'm with the band and enjoying them play in person. AT&T is so damn big that IMHO there's absolutely no connection between the band and the vast majority of the audience - it hardly feels like you're in the same place as the band. Even if you were on the floor in the first dozen rows, that stage was so big that they might be 30-40 yards away from you if they're at the opposite side. The overall sound at the concert was better than I expected, but I'd rather have cleaner sound than loud like it was Sat night. Getting into the stadium wasn't too bad. Getting out of the parking lot and onto the highway took a while, but I kind of expected that. Overall - performance/show = 9 - venue = 5 - expense = 3.

Comment

I haven't seen them live since '97 so I had to go. The show was great. Took my 10 year old son with me, he is a huge Metallica fan. Sat down in section C134, so seats weren't bad, beer was high as always but what do you expect from Jerry World.

Comment

Kind of scary to think a band that's been together almost 40 years can still do arena shows. What other older band can do that besides the Stones, AC/DC and Aerosmith?

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                            Kind of scary to think a band that's been together almost 40 years can still do arena shows. What other older band can do that besides the Stones, AC/DC and Aerosmith?
                            Why is that scary?
                            Originally posted by davbrucas
                            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Scary because I was a fan at 13 when Kill 'em All came out, and saw them four times all at arena/stadium shows way back when. It means I'm old as dirt.

Comment

Working...
                              X