No announcement yet.

Netflix Original: Bill Nye Saves The Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In other words you're ready to embrace who you really are instead of lashing out at those who tell you what has been observed?

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
      How exactly is that based on "evolutionary science?" The article basically says the gene has been around for almost a million years, isn't present in certain races and scientists "hypothesize..." as well as throwing in the world "evolution" every once in awhile. Besides, T1 and T2 are two different diseases, and you did not answer my question.
      IF you don't believe evolution is important to the research and understanding of the human body, then tell me how YOUR "theory" is BETTER for research and understanding. Show me one research paper that shows how "creationism" as a base for human geology directly led to type 1 diabetes research (or any disease) and I'll be open to changing my mind.

Evolution is a base core of knowledge for which you move forward and make hypothesis off of. One example, "genes" are basically derived from analyzing the human body using evolution as a back drop. Anything with "genetics" in it came from an evolutionist (mainstream) scientist. Pretty important to know if your going to do ANYTHING with diseases.

Again, tell me how creationism leads to ONE future hypothesis that can further scientific research and medical cures...
      2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

• Not to mention creationists believe the Earth is 6000 years old, so climate change surely cannot exist.

Originally posted by The Crazy Ken Ham
        According to a biblical model of Earth’s history, Earth is only a few thousand years old. Our planet was created with a perfect climate, but this climate was upset at the time of the catastrophic global flood of Noah’s day, which destroyed and reshaped the surface of the Earth. This Flood was followed by the Ice Age which covered 30% of Earth’s surface in ice. This transitional climate slowly gave way to the present climate as the Earth evened out from the after-effects of the Flood. So, when we start with a biblical model for Earth’s history, we should expect variations in climate and temperature.
        Bill Nye has supported the idea of drastic human caused climate change, and has even accused creationists of rejecting climate change—even though we don’t.

Forgot to respond in agreement with a poster above. Population control will be the death of the planet before anything else, totally agree there. I think the most devout religious folks will be spearheading that charge right into our destruction of a species. Look at Mormons...

Comment

In other words you're ready to embrace who you really are instead of lashing out at those who tell you what has been observed?
          Jesus, man. At least make this fun for me.

Comment

Where did we come from?
            From an old post but...

-----------------------------------------------
            The Big Bang was simply the result of SVO punching a black hole in a parallel universe.

The energy released was forcibly transmitted through a wormhole which then expanded from a very high density and high temperature state.

A small portion of SVO's DNA was transformed into energy during the first few milliseconds of the event, spreading the basis of all energy, matter and approximately 13 billion years later.... life.

Some religions believe that SVO is a natural, cyclical part of space-time and that all new universes will spawn life, and eventually, when ready, evolve it's own SVO.

It is theorized that the arrival\creation of SVO in our own universe will trigger universal contraction onto SVO himself, eventually creating a massive black hole, of which SVO will then punch, thus creating a new universe and renewing the cycle.
            --------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
              Agenda? For what? Clean air and water??

Solar/wind/renewable energy has a very distinct advantage that has nothing to do with climate change -- no dependence on asian/terrorist countries for oil. In addition, trying to solve this problem actually leads us to discover better usage of energy across the board. It's just naturally where science and energy goes next...it's not an agenda.

I think in lieu of knowledge and understanding, one must insist in a conspiracy theory...
              I like how in lieu of human nature you must insist on fairy tales that say you can somehow have the power to "save this planet". Like I said, I love how you ignore the realities of science that don't support your horse shit.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Again, tell me how creationism leads to ONE future hypothesis that can further scientific research and medical cures...
                I have told you all along what I believe is faith based from the Bible. You chose to believe there needs to be hard evidence, but have not found it, and as I told craizie daizie, believe and have faith in what someone tells you happened several million years ago.
                What has "evolutionary" based medicine done what for cancer, sickle cell anemia, LBD, COPD? Are people with AIDS living longer because the virus was discovered in a neanderthal from beka beka and can somehow be credited to advanced medicine which was not available over 35 years ago? Basically the article you posted in reference to T2 answeres nothing and you still have yet to answer my question regarding evolutionary involvement with T1.

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                Jesus, man. At least make this fun for me.
                Less effeminate traits in this pic than your screen name.

Comment

Just imagine for a second what religious folks would have to scurry to say if we find life elsewhere in the galaxy...
                  I consider myself religious and would have no issues reconciling my Christian faith with the discovery of life elsewhere in the galaxy, or beyond. Your generalization shows a modicum of ignorance.

Comment

Awesome daizies & ladybug

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                      I consider myself religious and would have no issues reconciling my Christian faith with the discovery of life elsewhere in the galaxy, or beyond. Your generalization shows a modicum of ignorance.
                      Your blending of science and Christianity sounds more reasonable than certain others in here. I was not applying it to all Christians.

Neil says it better here than I was going after with that statement:
                      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                        Agreed.

Comment

I have told you all along what I believe is faith based from the Bible. You chose to believe there needs to be hard evidence, but have not found it, and as I told craizie daizie, believe and have faith in what someone tells you happened several million years ago.
                          What has "evolutionary" based medicine done what for cancer, sickle cell anemia, LBD, COPD? Are people with AIDS living longer because the virus was discovered in a neanderthal from beka beka and can somehow be credited to advanced medicine which was not available over 35 years ago? Basically the article you posted in reference to T2 answeres nothing and you still have yet to answer my question regarding evolutionary involvement with T1.
                          Scientists can perform experiments to PROVE their theories exist and these experiments are repeatable. Science can use this to make future hypothesis and discover new things. Creationists cannot.

Do you also not believe in the "theory" of gravity, once believed to be an act of god? What proof do you need to believe that this is natural law?

Do you believe Earth is the center of the universe? Religious folks used to believed this fervently. You can't observe that with your own two eyes. What proof makes you believe we're not?

How about that the earth is round? You can't really "prove" that either, you've only see photos, or some "slight" bend in the curvature of the Earth in a plane. What makes you believe that?

Comment

Less effeminate traits in this pic than your screen name.
                            I will admit that you are more manly than I. You'd have to be to fuck that wife of yours.

Comment

• LOL... I am not even sure what that means, other than what an overly super sensitive individual you are, and that your mind is wandering to the other part of the gender spectrum, you desert flower you.

*edit- Not judging.
                              Last edited by SS Junk; 05-03-2017, 04:19 PM.

Comment

LOL... I am not even sure what that means, other than what an overly super sensitive individual you are, you desert flower you.
                                I assume you think you're insulting me by calling me sensitive, gay, and what ever stupid shit comes out of that brain of yours.

Your opinion of me or any subject does not matter in the least. Nothing you say or do matters to me.

If your whole fucking family died in a car wreck, the only thought I'd have regarding the matter would that humanity is that much better off.

You have the one insult to over and over, much like you calling nay fakenewsfucktard.

I'm trying to keep myself entertained at work. Can you at least come up with better insults that might at least make me chuckle?

Comment

Working...
                                X