Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CWO View Post
    Ronald Reagan.
    Another actor...who was heavily influenced by astrology. Guess I don't see your point.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Please tell me more of this 'fear-mongering'. It sounds interesting.
      How is my post fear-mongering? The fact that there is 7 billion people or the fact that we're multiplying a lot faster than we're dying?

I'm still waiting on the "scientific fact" that global warming isn't an issue. From anyone, not just broncojohnny.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
        How is my post fear-mongering? The fact that there is 7 billion people or the fact that we're multiplying a lot faster than we're dying?

I'm still waiting on the "scientific fact" that global warming isn't an issue. From anyone, not just broncojohnny.

Doomsday talk

I'm still waiting for the scientific fact that it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
          You claim climate change is false, that humans are not affecting the Earth, and that Bill Nye and scientists have an agenda to earn wads of cash by claiming climate change is real.

It's not unproven by the vast majority of scientists, just the one you choose to believe. I'm going with the 97% majority, and my own understanding of science. Citations earlier in the thread.
          Mostly accurate. My claim is that global warming is based in politics. Humans effect the earth. Bill Nye is a tool, literally and figuratively.

Comment

So he was a gun lobbyist and an actor. Probably still not the first guy I'd go to about mankind's influence on the planet.

(I have nothing against guns by the way.)
            Yep just an actor our government decided to give top secret clearance to. He did training videos for the DOE right after Three Mile Island disaster and for the Nuclear Waste Policy Act in 1983. His actual work is still classified but I'd say he probably knew a little bit about how mankind can influence the planet.

Comment

If your actually curious, then help us with what you don't believe is happening.

Do you believe in the greenhouse effect?
              Do you believe c02/methane heightens greenhouse effects?
              Do you believe the figure is currently 400ppm, up from the naturally occurring 250ppm (mildly fluctuating)?
              Do you believe humans are releasing c02/methane into the atmosphere with cars, coal, and cows?
              Do you believe the temperature of the Earth is rising right now?
              Do you think the temp is rising due to a cycle?
              Do you think greenhouse effect from c02/methane could be causing the rising temp?

This one is a stretch, but plays into the "agenda" side...if you assume for a brief moment that climate change is real and caused by humans, how would you solve the problem?
              2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

If your actually curious, then help us with what you don't believe is happening.

Do you believe in the greenhouse effect?
                Do you believe c02/methane heightens greenhouse effects?
                Do you believe the figure is currently 400ppm, up from the naturally occurring 250ppm (mildly fluctuating)?
                Do you believe humans are releasing c02/methane into the atmosphere with cars, coal, and cows?
                Do you believe the temperature of the Earth is rising right now?
                Do you think the temp is rising due to a cycle?
                Do you think greenhouse effect from c02/methane could be causing the rising temp?

This one is a stretch, but plays into the "agenda" side...if you assume for a brief moment that climate change is real and caused by humans, how would you solve the problem?
                Gonna be honest here, I don't care that much. I care enough to have an opinion. There are plenty of people here that represent the same feelings I have about it that have already stated the stance we take, several times.

Comment

• Just ban beef. Kill all the cows.

This lowers carbon emission and it will make Soap cry. Win win.

Comment

Gonna be honest here, I don't care that much. I care enough to have an opinion. There are plenty of people here that represent the same feelings I have about it that have already stated the stance we take, several times.
                    Then stop asking for evidence if you won't read it. Your citing opinions and mob-mentality to validate your stance. There's no more discussion to be had here.
                    2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

There's no more discussion to be had here.
                      I've been saying this for a while now. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                        Just ban beef. Kill all the cows.

This lowers carbon emission and it will make Soap cry. Win win.
                        I actually heard someone say that milking a cow was animal abuse last night. We were at Petco Park and surrounded by natives so I didn't respond.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
                          I actually heard someone say that milking a cow was animal abuse last night. We were at Petco Park and surrounded by natives so I didn't respond.

May not be cow abuse but its human digestive tract abuse. Milks nasty
                          WH

Comment

Doomsday talk

I mean, the data available shows greenhouse gasses going up tremendously in the past few decades...coincidentally, industrialization has increased tremendously in the past few decades.

This is like showing a picture of the Earth to a flat-earther from a satellite in orbit and them saying it's photoshopped.
                            Last edited by jdgregory84; 05-04-2017, 07:54 PM.

Comment

I mean, the data available shows greenhouse gasses going up tremendously in the past few decades...coincidentally, industrialization has increased tremendously in the past few decades.

This is like showing a picture of the Earth from an satellite in orbit and them saying it's photoshopped.
                              The data available is from scientists who were paid to find a problem that a government can "solve". It really is as simple as that. If CO2 was going to ruin the planet, it would have done it millions of years ago.

If environmentalists really gave a shit about the planet we would be using nuclear power plants for electricity instead of coal right now. Instead, they whine and use scare tactics to stop real solutions. In the meantime they collect millions of dollars for their bullshit cause. Remember the Amazon rain forest in the 1980s? Remember how scientists in the 1970s said we were headed for a new ice age? They insisted they were correct then. They insisted that "the science was settled" then too. This time is no different. I can't believe that people fall for this shit over and over, fucking morons.
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                                The data available is from scientists who were paid to find a problem that a government can "solve". It really is as simple as that. If CO2 was going to ruin the planet, it would have done it millions of years ago.

If environmentalists really gave a shit about the planet we would be using nuclear power plants for electricity instead of coal right now. Instead, they whine and use scare tactics to stop real solutions. In the meantime they collect millions of dollars for their bullshit cause. Remember the Amazon rain forest in the 1980s? Remember how scientists in the 1970s said we were headed for a new ice age? They insisted they were correct then. They insisted that "the science was settled" then too. This time is no different. I can't believe that people fall for this shit over and over, fucking morons.
                                There are plenty of private companies trying to alleviate the problem. There's no solving it. Just minimizing it.

I can't believe people are this dense. Fucking morons.

Comment

Working...
                                X