No announcement yet.

Netflix Original: Bill Nye Saves The Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glad you bumped this. perfect example of how one can offset there carbon foot print, and also raise money for S C I E N C E.

i admittedly dont know much about Multiple Sclerosis except my home girls mom in highs chool had it and was crippled the whole time i knew her. she is no longer with us. BUT i was presented with an opportunity to raise money for a cause that could help a lot of people. Its an activity I am already involved in, and I raised my minimum $500 for it.

Have you done anything like that?

This is where you need to retract everything in this entire thread because there are many diseases and illnesses that we need to at least TRY to figure out. With your sons diabetes are you just like "Welp, thats that?" It doesnt have to be.

I just lost my brother in law to diabetes as you know at 38 years old. If you want to, you can donate to a Type 1 diabetes research foundation.

if you find a way to shit on this post i wont even be surprised
    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
      I wouldn't expect anything more. Funny what contributions you're allegedly making to this earth yet in another thread are claiming and bitching about an exorbitant amount of fuel consumption.
      So are you a Chris Angel or David Blaine guy?

Nevermind.

Jesus.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Originally posted by naynay View Post
        glad you bumped this. perfect example of how one can offset there carbon foot print, and also raise money for S C I E N C E.
        Outstanding, but that has nothing to do with your daily activities especially when you are in another thread whining about how much fuel you consume. So you are taking part in one event which then makes you feel good as if you're doing your part? LOL.. I thought in order to save this planet your participation had to be a lifestyle change of sorts? Is that all I need to do in order to save the planet and look down on Christians? Ride my bike, and burn as much petrol as I wish?

I just lost my brother in law to diabetes as you know at 38 years old.
        You make it sound like it is the fault of the disease for his passing instead of you admittedly claiming his lack of acknowledging and management of taking care of it. Types 1 and 2 can live very normal lives as long as long as they take care of their blood glucose levels correctly. I know of Christians participating in T1 trials right now to get a better understanding as well as finding a cure. I am not sure where it has been written that Christians are against medicine other than the claims made from mschmoyer. The Bible has references of people consulting doctors when sick. Did you read the Berkley article he posted regarding T2 and how evolutionary happenings have some sort of bearing with treatments today? LOL
        Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
        Jesus.
        At least you capitalized His name. Usually Atheists will avoid doing so. And it's "Jesus freak."

Comment

Outstanding, but that has nothing to do with your daily activities especially when you are in another thread whining about how much fuel you consume. So you are taking part in one event which then makes you feel good as if you're doing your part? LOL.. I thought in order to save this planet your participation had to be a lifestyle change of sorts? Is that all I need to do in order to save the planet and look down on Christians? Ride my bike, and burn as much petrol as I wish?

You make it sound like it is the fault of the disease for his passing instead of you admittedly claiming his lack of acknowledging and management of taking care of it. Types 1 and 2 can live very normal lives as long as long as they take care of their blood glucose levels correctly. I know of Christians participating in T1 trials right now to get a better understanding as well as finding a cure. I am not sure where it has been written that Christians are against medicine other than the claims made from mschmoyer. The Bible has references of people consulting doctors when sick. Did you read the Berkley article he posted regarding T2 and how evolutionary happenings have some sort of bearing with treatments today? LOL

At least you capitalized His name. Usually Atheists will avoid doing so. And it's "Jesus freak."
          So they still capitalized it? Good on them.

Comment

Probably autocorrect did it.

Comment

• No effort made to correct the auto correct means the boy not a very good Atheist. That's rule number one for proper etiquette of Atheism.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                Probably autocorrect did it.
                It's a proper noun so it's capitalized. Also, I wasn't trying call anybody a "Jesus Freak." Just saying that his favorite street magician is Jesus.

Still hilarious to me that there's inconclusive evidence according to ya'll about global warming, so it's horseshit,...but there's absolutely no evidence of a Christian God, Jesus being his son, or really anything the bible said happened...but yeah, all of that's real.

Comment

I am not sure where it has been written that Christians are against medicine other than the claims made from mschmoyer.
                  Somewhere along the way while doing any medical research an intimate knowledge of the way genes mutate will be important to the cure. The religious folk who do not believe in evolution will be at a disadvantage.

Probably won't be an argument soon anyways...I'm pretty sure in the next couple of years the Chinese will CRISPR some wings and a tail on a human. Man-made evolution.
                  2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

• My own belief regarding disease, Biblically-based of course, is that they were introduced or originated at the time of the fall of mankind. I am not at all discounting the advances in treatments and understanding that medical science has since brought us however.

Comment

• Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
                      Somewhere along the way while doing any medical research an intimate knowledge of the way genes mutate will be important to the cure. The religious folk who do not believe in evolution will be at a disadvantage.
                      "Somewhere along the way..." So this is a projection? Have there been any staged walkouts of Christian scientists who do not believe in mutation, or are you taking one from the Quaker playbook? I went to Christian schools and studied about genetic mutation. Just not to the point where completely different DNA strands were created by death and accident.
                      Probably won't be an argument soon anyways...I'm pretty sure in the next couple of years the Chinese will CRISPR some wings and a tail on a human. Man-made evolution.
                      By intelligent design, or did they discover an uncharted volcano and have a webcam set up between some lava rock and water?

Comment

"Somewhere along the way..." So this is a projection? Have there been any staged walkouts of Christian scientists who do not believe in mutation, or are you taking one from the Quaker playbook? I went to Christian schools and studied about genetic mutation. Just not to the point where completely different DNA strands were created by death and accident.
                        This is the "god of the gaps" argument. God was once invoked to explain gravity, the stars, the tides, etc. It will be harder to maintain this position when humans figure out how to create completely new species. We already have skulls that show the evolution, but what if you watch it happen with your own eyes?

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                        By intelligent design, or did they discover an uncharted volcano and have a webcam set up between some lava rock and water?
                        I don't know what your saying here, but CRISPR is gene splicing where they can do things like strip alzheimer's from the human gene, give your children blue eyes, make them 7 feet tall, etc. Nobody is brave enough to pull the trigger (maybe the Chinese will) but they could instruct DNA to add another arm, or a tail, or whatever. Eventually it could be enough different that by the definition of "species", we have created a new one.

2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                          Still hilarious to me that there's inconclusive evidence according to ya'll about global warming, so it's horseshit,...but there's absolutely no evidence of a Christian God, Jesus being his son, or really anything the bible said happened...but yeah, all of that's real.
                          Still hilarious to me that you readily conflate unrelated topics.
                          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• How are they not related? They refuted his claim of evolution, citing no proof and their religious views to support their argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                              How are they not related? They refuted his claim of evolution, citing no proof and their religious views to support their argument.
                              Who is "they"?

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                                Who is "they"?
                                Specifically SS Junk.

46Tbird, if you don't see the correlation there's no point in discussing it with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X