No announcement yet.

Netflix Original: Bill Nye Saves The Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• found this to substantiate what i was saying about the REAL reason we pulled out.

Today Rex Tillerson, under oath, denied the existence of fossil fuel subsidies. In fact, according to our new analysis ExxonMobil likely gets as much as $1 billion in subsidies each year.

Today Rex Tillerson, under oath, denied the existence of fossil fuel subsidies. This is dangerously incorrect. In fact, the Oil & Gas Industry receives more than $17 Billion in Subsidies per year, and according to our new analysis ExxonMobil likely gets as much as $1 billion of that.

Former ExxonMobil CEO, Rex Tillerson, testified in front of the Senate Foreign Relations committee and may be about to head the State Department – and it’s not looking good for the climate.

Under Tillerson and his predecessors, Exxon knew that climate change was happening yet spun a massive disinformation campaign to sow doubt about climate science, and spent hundreds of millions buying influence in Washington to block progress on climate pollution. Today Tillerson was at it again, testifying that the science on climate change, and the impact it might have on the world and our country, is still fuzzy.

But he also upheld another proud oil and gas industry tradition: denying that the oil and gas industry receives subsidies. There’s a pattern here. Whenever the oil industry faces a problem that truly threatens their business model, they deny it exists.

During the Senate hearing, Sen. Shaheen (D-NH), asked Tillerson if he would continue pursuing the G20 pledge, spearheaded by the United States, to eliminate fossil fuel subsidies. He replied, “I’m not aware of anything the fossil fuel industry gets that I would characterize as a subsidy.”
    again, trump doesnt know what he is doing. this was a tillerson decision, and only people working in the oil industry would truly support it.

not sure if we have any coal miners on the board, but if we do, i'm glad they will be getting their jobs back, and i hope they dont consider your black lung problem a pre existing condition

A deadly coal miners' disease is surging back despite regulations created more than 40 years ago to control the disease.
    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Originally posted by naynay View Post
      Luckily we got God out of the equation.... Well except that politician that recently said we don't need to worry about climate change cause God will fix it.
      Consider this reply to confirm that God is not out of the equation.

Originally posted by naynay
      Hopefully crazie doesn't ban me for posting in my own thread that has gained the most traction this place has seen in recent months.
      LOL, rather full of our little self, aren't we?

Comment

• mods should reconsider who needs to be banned. 1 is right there ^.
        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Lol at naynay requesting anyone be banned, sure does show what a butthurt biotch he is though in this corner of the internet.

Comment

• really i just dont understand what your obsession is with me. you literally dont post unless it's commenting about me. i'd offer a dick pic through PM, but i dont want to tease you.

so here, print this, or make it your desktop, and just leave me alone. lol, no one is saying anything, but we are all thinking it. you're a queer.

THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Derailing your happy ass and drawing you in like a fish, yet again. All that's missing now is the tired old "Your Mom" joke(s).

Comment

• I heard a really good your momma joke last week. I wish I could remember it.

Comment

• Anyone else getting a flashback of what'shisname with the fish? The one that Bernie Mosfet made a Halloween costume out of?

Comment

• Originally posted by BradM View Post
                    I heard a really good your momma joke last week. I wish I could remember it.
                    Yo momma so fat, when she goes camping the bears hide THEIR food.
                    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                    dont downshift!!
                    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Yo momma so fat, she got baptized at Sea World

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                        There's nothing wrong whatsoever with what Matt said. Mschmoyer (for whatever reason) glosses over the reality that, without massive government funding, "green" energy would have never happened.
                        Confused here. I don't think I've said anything like that. Quite the opposite. I'm okay with the gov't giving a little push in the form of research funding & regulations. Corporations are beholden to stakeholders who in large numbers, only care about their stocks going up tomorrow.

Sure, corporations will take over and innovate an industry without gov't help someday, but they don't do it now, when it's not remotely profitable (unless your Elon Musk).

If Trump made his own agreement and invested $1 bil in clean energy here, I think many less people would be in an uproar, but we all know he's not going to do that.
                        2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

• Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
                          Confused here. I don't think I've said anything like that. Quite the opposite. I'm okay with the gov't giving a little push in the form of research funding & regulations. Corporations are beholden to stakeholders who in large numbers, only care about their stocks going up tomorrow.

Sure, corporations will take over and innovate an industry without gov't help someday, but they don't do it now, when it's not remotely profitable (unless your Elon Musk).

If Trump made his own agreement and invested $1 bil in clean energy here, I think many less people would be in an uproar, but we all know he's not going to do that.
                          Don't be confused, you're pushing for government involvement to solve the problems and you're upset that we withdrew from the Paris deal. The difference is that I'm all for the govt getting their hands out of the private sector, if it takes a corporation government money to make something profitable... Well, it isn't profitable. So there's that.

Also, Trump can create his own ecological/environmental decisions based off of where we stand, creating an idea of where we want (need) to be and formulating a plan to do it. Some bullshit money grab like the Paris accord doesn't change that. He withdrew less than a week ago and all of the liberal toads are ribbiting their green asses off because he withdrew and doesn't have an instant plan to suck taxpayer money down into a black hole. Give it time.
                          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                          dont downshift!!
                          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                            Don't be confused, you're pushing for government involvement to solve the problems and you're upset that we withdrew from the Paris deal. The difference is that I'm all for the govt getting their hands out of the private sector, if it takes a corporation government money to make something profitable... Well, it isn't profitable. So there's that.
                            I'm the biggest fan of private companies taking over an industry with little to no regulation, but where it goes afoul is when it is not profitable to do the right thing. Companies would still be dumping toxic chemicals into our water channels because it is "profitable" if gov't didn't step in. In this case, we just want a few tax dollars to keep going towards innovation in clean energy. Maybe paris agreement is not the right use of it, but he's not offering an alternative.

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                            Also, Trump can create his own ecological/environmental decisions based off of where we stand, creating an idea of where we want (need) to be and formulating a plan to do it. Some bullshit money grab like the Paris accord doesn't change that. He withdrew less than a week ago and all of the liberal toads are ribbiting their green asses off because he withdrew and doesn't have an instant plan to suck taxpayer money down into a black hole. Give it time.
                            From where I sit right now that seems like an oblivious view of Trump. One does not care about the environment when one is not educated enough in science to understand fundamental concepts. You can hear it in his quibs. "Chinese invented global warming hoax". Taking climate change data off websites. Etc. Like I said, hope I'm wrong, but seems oblivious to assume Trump will do *anything* about an idea based on scientific research.
                            2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

• How many names are there for global warming now?

Comment

• you need not worry about it. let jesus take the wheel.

"As a Christian, I believe that there is a creator in God who is much bigger than us"

A Republican congressman told his constituents that he believes God will "take care of" climate change if it proves to be a "real problem."
                                Michigan Rep. Tim Walberg said during a town hall in Coldwater, Mich., on Friday that while he believes climate change is real, it is not something for humans to solve.
                                "I believe there's climate change. I believe there's been climate change since the beginning of time," Walberg said. "Do I think man has some impact? Yeah, of course. Can man change the entire universe? No."
                                He continued: "Why do I believe that? Well, as a Christian, I believe that there is a creator in God who is much bigger than us. And I'm confident that, if there's a real problem, he can take care of it."
                                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Working...
                                X