Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
    Wasn't directed at you.

No it's not. You can recycle, stop running your heat and A/C, use your trash for compost, walk or ride a bike wherever you go, get rid of that gas guzzling Corvette, moderate electricity usage, use a wash bin and only change water once a day, moderate toilet flushes to once a day, and lastly, only use one square of toilet paper per bathroom visit per family member.
    You aren't doing anything but making yourself fell better by believing you're making a difference.
    Didn't go into whether I did that stuff or not, but one person won't make a difference anyways. You see how many people in this thread alone don't care. In addition, the majority follow the money. They won't do "good" voluntarily unless it is economical.

Here's things that would actually make a difference:
    0. Education. Science & Math.
    1. carbon tax
    2. make solar cheaper
    3. make electric cars appealing
    4. make high-efficiency gas cars appealing
    5. Price of water goes up exponentially based on how much you use.
    6. Price of electricity goes up exponentially based on how much you use.
    7. Discounts for recycling, or exponentially charge based on waste lbs.

The community has to be encouraged to participate. They won't do it on their own. You do all that stuff and all of your neighbors will make up the difference. It's gotta be city/state/county/world mandates.

BTW the corvette gets 26mpg if I'm not hammering it. That's more than most Mustangs can claim. The car stays garaged too, just waiting for a good price point to jump on a Tesla.
    2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

• Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
      Didn't go into whether I did that stuff or not, but one person won't make a difference anyways. You see how many people in this thread alone don't care.

1. carbon tax
      2. make solar cheaper

The community has to be encouraged to participate. They won't do it on their own. You do all that stuff and all of your neighbors will make up the difference. It's gotta be city/state/county/world mandates.

BTW the corvette gets 26mpg if I'm not hammering it. That's more than most Mustangs can claim. The car stays garaged too, just waiting for a good price point to jump on a Tesla.
      It's really too bad we can't do any of those things anymore :sadface:

Comment

Didn't go into whether I did that stuff or not, but one person won't make a difference anyways.
        That's not the right attitude according to the run-of-the-mill environmentalist. It always starts with one person!1. You and the rest of your group should probably get your shit together in what will save us from choking to death on our own smog before it's too late.

LOL at an environmentalist justifying a sports car. Can't quite sacrifice the fun factor for something more economical? Typical.

Originally posted by naynay View Post
        I'm aren't doing anything but making yourself *fail better by believing you're making a difference.
        Lay off the Night Train Express, fakenews.

Comment

LOL at an environmentalist justifying a sports car. Can't quite sacrifice the fun factor for something more economical? Typical.
          Troll post. Can you?

I work from home. I could own a Hummer and be more gas efficient than most people. I don't care that people own sports cars either. It doesn't matter. Sports cars don't even account for a respectable number of cars on the road today...

Comment

• its all a troll post with that dude. never a serious thought.
            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

It doesn't matter.
              Of course it doesn't matter, to you because you own one. Just imagine the impact on the environment if you conscious global war... climate change thinkers would get rid of your sports cars for a Prius. I'm almost of the sound mind my carbon footprint is smaller. People like you amuse me. It seems as though each one of you have your own definition what will or will not work and go on your own paths. Once they fail you then point the finger at the "deniers." Speaking of which, this old crumudgen doesn't know what he's talking about because he's the wrong kind of scientist:

But faux news!
              Last edited by SS Junk; 06-09-2017, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Didn't go into whether I did that stuff or not, but one person won't make a difference anyways. You see how many people in this thread alone don't care. In addition, the majority follow the money. They won't do "good" voluntarily unless it is economical.

1. carbon tax
                2. make solar cheaper

Encouraging the community to participate via more government overreach and more taxation. Right on.
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                  Encouraging the community to participate via more government overreach and more taxation. Right on.
                  No, more taxation and more handouts to the groups or companies that the environmentalists deem as "worthy". That is just a fancy way of saying that they will line their own pockets. And that is ok from my point of view, it is part of the snake oil salesmanship related to "climate change".
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Which post of yours is it where you give pertinent enough information to be convincing? I haven't seen one yet. What I have seen is how passionate you are against those who believe in God. Did you watch the vid earlier in this thread? There was a question posed to Bill Nye regarding the big picture in what difference is there to non-believers with those who believe in God. Especially for someone like you who thinks there may be some sort of being out there, but also cares about the environment, but does nothing to allegedly improve it.

Here are a gaggle of your like-minded critical thinkers:
                    Still haven't answered my question. You don't believe in global warming because there's not sufficient proof, but you believe in a Christian God when there's none. Keep going man.
                    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Jesus all yalls bitching is beyond old. I bet all you endo up in the same retirement home doing this same bickering till you die.

Comment

• Breaking records every month.

It’s now even more likely that 2016 will be the hottest year ever recorded, despite the demise of one of the strongest El NiƱos on record.

So far this year every month has been record warm. February and March actually set consecutive records for the most anomalously warm month...

If NOAA also rates May as record warm, it will be the 13th month in a row to reach that mark in its records.
                        Also sure to stir up the pot: Bill Nye renewed for season 2.

Comment

Breaking records every month.
                          Question only your kind are qualified to answer:

My coffee maker has one of those fine brass screen filters, which I only assume is to promote the avoidance of using paper filters. However, it takes close to a 1/2 quart of water if not more to rinse it clean for the next use. Which option would be best for the environment? Paper or water??? I am losing sleep over this!

Comment

Question only your kind are qualified to answer:

My coffee maker has one of those fine brass screen filters, which I only assume is to promote the avoidance of using paper filters. However, it takes close to a 1/2 quart of water if not more to rinse it clean for the next use. Which option would be best for the environment? Paper or water??? I am losing sleep over this!
                            Posted half a dozen times that small things don't matter. But Troll away, I won't stop you.

Comment

Posted half a dozen times that small things don't matter. But Troll away, I won't stop you.
                              Small things don't matter? So small things just don't have a significant impact on the big picture? Hmmm.....

Humans are pretty small in comparison to the earth, ya know?

Comment

Posted half a dozen times that small things don't matter.
                                Small things... like tenths of degrees?

NOAA Tampering Exposed

Last month (June 2015), NOAA caused a lot of controversy by adjusting historic global temperature data to show that the pause had never happened. This has been well covered by WUWT and others, but what is less well known is that NOAA have been making similar but subtle adjustments year by year for a while now.

Wen they do this, the old versions are never archived, and they do not publically announce what they have done. Instead, the new figures simply replace the old version. Fortunately, however, Walter Dnes has been archiving the old data each month since January 2010. His results were published at WUWT last week.

I have used his data to show in a simple fashion what the total effect of these changes since 2009 has been.

First, we can look at the changes that have been made to annual data back to 1880. Figure 1 shows, for instance, that the temperature anomaly for 1938 published currently is 0.13C lower than was published in January 2010. In contrast the anomaly for recent years has been increased, for instance 2009 has increased from 0.56C to 0.64C.

The overall effect of these changes has been to cool the 1930’s and 40’s, and increase warming in recent years. Note as well though the way that the changes have steadily added to temperature anomalies since 1999, thus conveniently removing the pause. The effect of these recent changes can be seen in more detail in Figure 2. Temperatures have been progressively increased as each year has gone by.

For instance, in their State of the Climate Report for 2010, NOAA showed 2010 and 2005 tying as the warmest years, 0.02C higher than 1998.

But the tampering is even worse than this, as changes were being made prior to Walter Dnes beginning his archiving in 2010. It is difficult to get a handle on the full extent, since NOAA do not archive these things.

We can though see how things changed between 2004 and 2010.

Take another look at the 2010 version in Figure 3. The anomaly for 1998 was 0.60C, 0.06C higher than the figure for 2004.

But when we look at the State of the Climate Report for 2004, we find that 1998 was 0.09C warmer than 2004. In other words, between 2004 and 2010, the temperature for 1998 has been reduced relative to 2004 by 0.03C.

Add that to the 0.06C already identified, and by magic 1998 is now demoted to only the fifth warmest year!

Etc etc

Do those hundredths and tenths get over and over relegated into the "small things" category as they accrue?
                                Last edited by Strychnine; 06-23-2017, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X