No announcement yet.

Superman ??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really liked it. I'd recommend those into the comic movies to go see this.
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• $156 million so far....being a big Superman geek, I need to watch it again to give an unbiased review after the sensory overload.

Btw, how many of yall noticed all the Smallville nods and references to the TV show? This movie was filled with it.
      Last edited by idrivea4banger; 06-16-2013, 02:12 AM.
      Originally posted by talisman
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      Originally posted by AdamLX
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Because fuck you, that's why
      Originally posted by 80coupe
      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
      Originally posted by Rick Modena
      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

• how was the movie?

Comment

• Originally posted by scootro View Post
          how was the movie?
          Originally posted by scootro View Post
          how was the movie?
          I loved it. It was good to finally see a Superman that wasn't campy, cheesy and safe. His origin was changed in this movie which I had no issues with. His history has been evolving over the years so it made sense for a modernized background. I thought they did well in their portrayal of Krypton. It's was cool seeing the kryptonian wildlife also.

The interactions between General Zod and Jor-El didn't miss a beat. This version of Zod is more ruthless than his previous film incarnation. He's sworn by his duty to preserve the ways of Krypton even while the planet is doomed. He's willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish his duty. He reminded me so much of Smallville's version of Zod. Michael Shannon did one hell of a job. Russell Crowe's Jor-El couldn't have been better. He is the epitome of what a hero is. He risks his life to stop Zod from taking the index after his son is born. The speech he gives when they're placing Kal-El in his ship gives a sense of hope even with the demise of krypton. The final confrontation between Zod and Jor-El was a surprise. This also reminded me of the encounter with Zod and Jor-El in Smallville's season 9.

And then we have Kal-El's journey to earth and his time growing up. The time jumps were a little confusing at times as they weren't chronological. We finally get to see what Clark had to deal with growing up knowing he was different. His sense of not belonging keeps him at bay from experiencing a "normal" life. When he saves all the kids from the school bus you see he's willing to expose himself for the sake of doing what's right. He shows this throughout the first half of the film before he puts on the suit.

I have mmore to say but it feels like I'm just rambling now so I'll shorten the rest of my review.

The tornado scene with Jonathan and Clark was heartbreaking. Clark wants to save him but Jonathan keeps him away because he knows he can't expose his son's abilities. It's something that Clark learns from. His father sacrificed himself because Clark isn't ready to reveal himself just yet. Henry Cavill did a great job as Clark/Superman. At times his facial expressions reminded me of Tom Welling from Smallville.

Amy Adams did well with the role of Lois Lane but at times the character seemed bland. They didn't develop her character too much which kind of sucked. The fact that she found out who Clark Kent was felt rushed. But it worked for what this movie was trying to pull off.

This movie was definitely dark which was a nice change. Superman is show using his powers without caution. Hes forced to do whatever it takes to stop Zod and his army. They also show that he doesn't turn his back on his humanity even when the humans question his actions. The final fight scene shows the lengths he will go through to protect earth. That scene was a "holy shit" moment.

I will definitely watch it again. It was definitely influenced by Superman: Birthright and All-Star Superman and themes from Smallville. I can't wait for the next one.
          Last edited by idrivea4banger; 06-17-2013, 10:36 AM.
          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.

Comment

• Thought it was pretty damn awesome. I'm sure I didn't catch as many of the "Easter Eggs" as some of you cause I never watched Smallvile.

Comment

• Bad ass movie.

Comment

• Finally someone got it right.

I was actually happy that they had avoided the whole goofy "Clark Kent" alter-ego thing through most of the movie...having him join the daily planet at the end was my least favorite part. Other than that, the movie was friggin awesome.
                2011 Mustang GT
                sigpic

Comment

• Wtf happened to the rest of my review? Lol. Fixed it.
                  Last edited by idrivea4banger; 06-17-2013, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                    I loved it. It was good to finally see a Superman that wasn't campy, cheesy and safe. His origin was changed in this movie which I had no issues with. His history has been evolving over the years so it made sense for a modernized background. I thought they did well in their portrayal of Krypton. It's was cool seeing the kryptonian wildlife also.

The interactions between General Zod and Jor-El didn't miss a beat. This version of Zod is more ruthless than his previous film incarnation. He's sworn by his duty to preserve the ways of Krypton even while the planet is doomed. He's willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish his duty. He reminded me so much of Smallville's version of Zod. Michael Shannon did one hell of a job. Russell Crowe's Jor-El couldn't have been better. He is the epitome of what a hero is. He risks his life to stop Zod from taking the index after his son is born. The speech he gives when they're placing Kal-El in his ship gives a sense of hope even with the demise of krypton. The final confrontation between Zod and Jor-El was a surprise. This also reminded me of the encounter with Zod and Jor-El in Smallville's season 9.

And then we have Kal-El's journey to earth and his time growing up. The time jumps were a little confusing at times as they weren't chronological. We finally get to see what Clark had to deal with growing up knowing he was different. His sense of not belonging keeps him at bay from experiencing a "normal" life. When he saves all the kids from the school bus you see he's willing to expose himself for the sake of doing what's right. He shows this throughout the first half of the film before he puts on the suit.

I have mmore to say but it feels like I'm just rambling now so I'll shorten the rest of my review.

The tornado scene with Jonathan and Clark was heartbreaking. Clark wants to save him but Jonathan keeps him away because he knows he can't expose his son's abilities. It's something that Clark learns from. His father sacrificed himself because Clark isn't ready to reveal himself just yet. Henry Cavill did a great job as Clark/Superman. At times his facial expressions reminded me of Tom Welling from Smallville.

Amy Adams did well with the role of Lois Lane but at times the character seemed bland. They didn't develop her character too much which kind of sucked. The fact that she found out who Clark Kent was felt rushed. But it worked for what this movie was trying to pull off.

This movie was definitely dark which was a nice change. Superman is show using his powers without caution. Hes forced to do whatever it takes to stop Zod and his army. They also show that he doesn't turn his back on his humanity even when the humans question his actions. The final fight scene shows the lengths he will go through to protect earth. That scene was a "holy shit" moment.

I will definitely watch it again. It was definitely influenced by Superman: Birthright and All-Star Superman and themes from Smallville. I can't wait for the next one.
                    awesome review! i will be seeing this one soon

Comment

• Originally posted by BERT View Post
                      Thought it was pretty damn awesome. I'm sure I didn't catch as many of the "Easter Eggs" as some of you cause I never watched Smallvile.
                      What I caught was:
                      Mad Scientist that drew Superman's blood was the same actor that played Evil Older Lex in Smallville.
                      Lexcorp truck dropped Clark off to see his mom.
                      Lexcrop fuel truck explodes during fight with Zod.
                      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                        What I caught was:
                        Mad Scientist that drew Superman's blood was the same actor that played Evil Older Lex in Smallville.
                        when Clark was getting bullied as a kid and the kids took off after seeing his dad... the sign for the shop read "Sullivan's". a shout out to Chloe Sullivan.

Comment

What I caught was:

Saw the fuel truck and the water tower. Anything else I had no clue

Comment

• Originally posted by UserX View Post
                            It had one good scene, with the plane crash. Other than that, it was crap.

Superman as a dead beat Dad, an interesting spin.
                            No way could the real Superman be Lois Lane's baby daddy:
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Damn good movie.

Comment

What I caught was:
                                Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                                when Clark was getting bullied as a kid and the kids took off after seeing his dad... the sign for the shop read "Sullivan's". a shout out to Chloe Sullivan.
                                Originally posted by BERT View Post
                                Saw the fuel truck and the water tower. Anything else I had no clue
                                Whitney Fordman was a character on Smallville although Man of Steel has Whitney Fordham.
                                The military scientist assisting Dr. Hamilton actually played the part of Hamilton on Smallville.
                                Ezra's Mail Depot Small was a reference to the founder of Smallville, Ezra Small.
                                Amy Adams was a "freak of the week" character on Smallville.

Comment

Working...
                                X