5 months 2 weeks later......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 months 2 weeks later......

......and Bar-Sto Precission is shipping my XD9 extended and threaded 5" barrel for me to be able to finaly shoot my Gemtech Tundra suppressor. I have had the can for just under 2 years and not shot it yet.

Gonna have to either hit a phone book in the garage again or the indoor range that just opened off of I-35 in Haslet.

Just one more thing to cram into my 23 hours home on May 5th/6th.

that is all, carry on
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Sweet!
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

God damn, 5 months for a barrel?

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
        God damn, 5 months for a barrel?
        Their site says "please allow 14-16 weeks for production".. My ass.

I let it go and really just forgot about the order around the first of the year. This past week I have been trying to get a status. I call and speak with a very nice lady who says "let me check the shop foreman and I will call you back." Work got busy and I forgot for a few days; just to call and go through the whole process over again "let me check.....call you back...."

Finally yesterday I told her "look I am in Afghanistan and coming home on R&R in a few weeks. I would really like to try this barrel out so I can order 2 more for my other XD's." The afg got her attention and she actually called me back saying I would have the barrel by the 1st of May.

I just got an email this morning from her....."we are charging your card today and shipping the barrel this afternoon."

Finally

But try to find another manufacture for a extended and threaded XD9 barrel and it is damn near impossible. Bar-Sto is the only people online I could find. If it was a Glock I could have picked from the 2 dozen on the shelfs at Wolf.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
          But try to find another manufacture for a extended and threaded XD9 barrel and it is damn near impossible. Bar-Sto is the only people online I could find. If it was a Glock I could have picked from the 2 dozen on the shelfs at Wolf.
          Storm Lake or EFK?

Comment

I could not get a hold of storm lake and never heard of EFK.

My internet has weapons sites blocked (go fucking figure given my location and job). Does storm lake list a XD9 5" extended and threaded to 1/2"x20? Or the same in subcompact? If they do can you give me their phone number?

Comment

I could not get a hold of storm lake and never heard of EFK.

My internet has weapons sites blocked (go fucking figure given my location and job). Does storm lake list a XD9 5" extended and threaded to 1/2"x20? Or the same in subcompact? If they do can you give me their phone number?
              Both Storm Lake and EFK offer in 5" and subcompact. Did you mean 1/2x28 thread and and not 20? Because none of the above offer that.

Storm Lake is 866-392-1654 and EFK is (480)831-3889

Seems like from my experience and others most stiff is in stock ready to ship or fast turn around time if they need to be made.

Comment

yes 1/2x28

I just called both Storm Lake and EFK to check stock or availability. I had to leave a voice mail at both so we will see who calls back.

Come to think of it I have called Storm Lake in the past and didn't get a return call. If either calls back and get me a subcompact barrel I wouldn't mind ordering one ASAP.

Thanks for the contact info David..

Comment

No sweat.

Ive had really good luck with EFK. Like I said, it's either instock or if it has to be made generally has a really good turn around time. I know better than 5 months. LOL

Comment

No sweat.

Ive had really good luck with EFK. Like I said, it's either instock or if it has to be made generally has a really good turn around time. I know better than 5 months. LOL
                    It gets me how companies can be such a put off with their blatant statements like "we ain't got it and if you want it we will get it to you in 4 months, mmmmkay."

And it seems the firearms industry is the worse about this; gunsmiths and machine shops both.

It would be cool to rebarrel the subcompact to try the can on this R&R. The Tundra is bigger than the pistol.

Comment

It gets me how companies can be such a put off with their blatant statements like "we ain't got it and if you want it we will get it to you in 4 months, mmmmkay."

And it seems the firearms industry is the worse about this; gunsmiths and machine shops both.
                      You are spot on Keith. It seems like some of the folks in the firearms industry just try to repel your business.

Comment

It would be cool to rebarrel the subcompact to try the can on this R&R. The Tundra is bigger than the pistol.
                        Its a pain in the ass. Owning machines guns is worse especially when limited people can correctly work on the shit and then you have the back logs of everyone else.

Main reason why Id like to get my own tools one day to do my own welding, threading, machining, riveting etc.

Comment

Its a pain in the ass. Owning machines guns is worse especially when limited people can correctly work on the shit and then you have the back logs of everyone else.
                          Owning a machine gun gets you shunned by large portions of the firearms community for some reason. If you can find a place to shoot the damn thing, the fudds waddle over to tell you that you have an illegal full auto, while the neckbeards flock to you and ask how you got a "class III license".

Although I am sure that you of all people have seen it all when it comes to that sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                            Owning a machine gun gets you shunned by large portions of the firearms community for some reason. If you can find a place to shoot the damn thing, the fudds waddle over to tell you that you have an illegal full auto, while the neckbeards flock to you and ask how you got a "class III license".

Although I am sure that you of all people have seen it all when it comes to that sort of thing.
                            I get that attention with suppressors I can only imagine what it is like with FA.

There is a plus side to those interactions though. You have an oppurtunity to educate someone, if they are willing to listen.

Comment

I get that attention with suppressors I can only imagine what it is like with FA.

There is a plus side to those interactions though. You have an oppurtunity to educate someone, if they are willing to listen.
                              Yes that is true, but nine times out of ten the neards tune out after you say things such as "trust formation... sheriff signature... $200 tax... ATF paper... 3 month wait", lol. Some people just dont have the patience man.

Hell, I wouldnt have the patience to wait on a barrel like you did!

Comment

Working...
                              X