• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahahaha Beach burka!

Ded

Comment

LOL,

Bagram sits in the middle of this lovely land locked country called Afghanistan. See my sig.

Chris, yuck it up man, I will be sipping Mai Tias and Mojitos in about 15 days when I set sail for the Med from Miami. 12 days of work left before R&R.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

What did you give for it?
        "The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those
        who vote for a living."

Comment

Shot one exactly like that with the NM trigger and all. Had a 4.5-30x50 Bushnell Elite scope and it was amazing. Any inaccuracies were definitely because of the shooter, not the rifle, on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
            Shot one exactly like that with the NM trigger and all. Had a 4.5-30x50 Bushnell Elite scope and it was amazing. Any inaccuracies were definitely because of the shooter, not the rifle, on that one.
            4200 or 6500 series? What distance were you shooting. I was going to look into an elite series as an option for mine

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
              4200 or 6500 series? What distance were you shooting. I was going to look into an elite series as an option for mine
              6500 at 100, 300, and 500yds

They make nice glass, I was quite impressed. I personally own a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40 and love it, but that extra magnification really helped out to 500 yds. Not sure if it was my handling of the weapon, the position of the scope, or just the very high magnification, but it was very difficult to see through the scope. If you move your eye even the slightest it would either crescent or go away all together

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                6500 at 100, 300, and 500yds

They make nice glass, I was quite impressed. I personally own a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40 and love it, but that extra magnification really helped out to 500 yds. Not sure if it was my handling of the weapon, the position of the scope, or just the very high magnification, but it was very difficult to see through the scope. If you move your eye even the slightest it would either crescent or go away all together
                Bushnell doesn't make nice glass. Bausch & Lomb makes nice glass - that's who makes the 3200/4200/6500 series The 4200 Elite Tactical is probably the best bang for the buck out there for a second focal plane scope. They are great for the money - however the Vortex Viper PST is a lot more scope for just slightly more. Nikon makes excellent glass - it's their primary business. However, their scopes all lack internal adjustment - so don't count on them for long range use.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                  Bushnell doesn't make nice glass. Bausch & Lomb makes nice glass - that's who makes the 3200/4200/6500 series The 4200 Elite Tactical is probably the best bang for the buck out there for a second focal plane scope. They are great for the money - however the Vortex Viper PST is a lot more scope for just slightly more. Nikon makes excellent glass - it's their primary business. However, their scopes all lack internal adjustment - so don't count on them for long range use.
                  Yep, you've covered that Nikon bit already. Dont plan on using the 3-9 for much extra long range shooting, its my deer rifle.

Wasnt aware Bushnell didnt make the "glass" for their elites. If we want to pick nits, I guess I should say "they put their brand name on nice scopes" next time. But, on the other hand, everyone else would know what I was talking about with the previous statement.

Comment

probably going with a leupold VX-3 8.5-25x50 with either a target or varmit reticle

Comment

Working...
                    X