Shooting my AR10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting my AR10

I took my armalite out to Top Gun shooting club, http://www.topgunshootingclub.com/, yesterday to do some load testing with a friend. I'm shooting with a cheap BSA Platinum Series 6-24 target dot scope, available and cheap since I didn't have the money for good optics after buying the rifle. For a dirt cheap scope it was pretty clear @ 500 yards and far superior in clarity to my standard bsa 6-24 in clarity. Anyway, put about 6 rounds through it at a 100 yards to get the scope zero'd and was pleased with a 1" group on my final 3 shots to the bulls eye. Worked my way out to the 500 mark as you have to qualify at each yardage to continue out.

I was happy with my shooting and the rifle, I got my windage and elevation dialed in at 500 and put a few rounds on the 8" steel, a couple on the 6" steel and few on the 4" plate. I save my last 4 rounds for the 200 yard mark. My girlfriend went out with us so I used 1 round to double check that I was dialed back in at 200. I let her fire the last 3 from the prone position. First time to shoot the rifle she put it right on the bullseye mark of the 4" steel plate. Second shot took out the center of the Grade 5 Carriage bolt, and her 3rd shot was left of bullseye. The shot on the very edge of the plate was from another shooter.

Not wanting her to get the "big head", I let her riddle the paper target at a 100 with my sks and the fixed 4x redfield.

Check out top guns site. it's a nice place and friendly shooting. Right now there is a swinging target stand at 200 yards with 4 - 4" ar500 plates, a 8" round qualifying plate at 3 and 400 yards, and a 3 foot x 3 foot plate at 500 with 5 bullseyes painted on. 2 swinging target stands are at 500 also with a 8", 6", and 4" swinger on each of those. There are Target boards at 25, 50, 100, 2, 3, 4, and 500 also for paper targets.

that place is nice and Terry is a cool guy.
    "The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those
    who vote for a living."

Comment

wow pretty strict rules. I suppose that's common are long range places ?
      I guess it makes sense.... can't have ppl guessing if they can hit.

prices looked pretty reasonible though.
      small place right now?

Comment

oh good shooting too by your woman . Pretty cool!

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
          wow pretty strict rules. I suppose that's common are long range places ?
          I guess it makes sense.... can't have ppl guessing if they can hit.

prices looked pretty reasonible though.
          small place right now?
          It's old blackland and the stuff gets like concrete so ricochets would be very common. there's backstops at every yardage. Also no fmj passed the 100 mark.

Comment

Working...
          X