SWFA SS vs Nikon Monarch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
    I was wondering if you would chime in here - I didn't realize your screen name was SWFA, though it was something else.

Im going back and forth. Its a great buy, but it really is "too much" scope for what I do at this point. Do I go for the practical choice or the great deal?
    I would go for the practical choice. The 3-9 package deal is an extremely good offer for the AR crowd and someone that will use the scope as for its intended purpose. I personally have a $150 Burris FF2 (USA made version) on my deer rifle. It's all I ever needed. The 3-9 Buckmaster being mentioned would be another good practical option. I think we have a few on samplelist.com for pretty cheap.

So "low" on a one piece mount not quite as low as standard rings I guess?
    Right. Not only too high but the cantilever design would push it too far forward for bolt gun use.

Brady

Comment

You do know we are in Red Oak right? You're more than welcome to drop by and look through everything.

Brady

Comment

Originally posted by SWFA View Post
        You do know we are in Red Oak right? You're more than welcome to drop by and look through everything.

Brady
        Ive been looking at several scopes on your site from links on other sites for like 2 weeks now and had no idea you were in Red Oak. Shows how much I pay attention.

Comment

Just sent you a PM Pete. That scope is a kit deal, multiple available. If anybody else is interested PM me. I don't want to post the link.

You know what, I just get caught up with all of these really good scopes out there, but the truth is I'm a newb and I need to work on my part first I guess.

I may just go with a Buckmaster. As long as it is good enough to hold zero on my .308 and allows me to get better at shooting I will be happy.
          Originally posted by Yale View Post
          You should be fine until you're ready to shoot past 600yds with that.
          This. And get a nice set of rings and you should be set

Comment

Working...
          X