pinned barrel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pinned barrel?

In another thread about sbr's someone was saying (if I understood it correctly) that if you have a shorter barrel length than what is legal that you could "pin" the flash hider on and that if at that point it measured a legal length then you were ok?

If this is correct what goes into this process? Does the flash hider have to be permanently fixed to the barrel? I was thinking about doing a short barrel with a faux suppressor to bring it to legal length, would this fly?

This is just an idea I am kicking around and looking for info right now.

Fake cans are lame IMO. You can run a 14.5" barrel with a pinned A2 profile (or longer) flash hider. Pinning is semi-permanent and can always be undone by your local gunsmith.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
      Fake cans are lame IMO. You can run a 14.5" barrel with a pinned A2 profile (or longer) flash hider. Pinning is semi-permanent and can always be undone by your local gunsmith.
      Yeah I agree

Comment

does pining count (legally ), or does it have to be soldered/brazed on ?

i think pinned is legal if I recall right.

screw on isn't, and obviously any kind of set screw isn't legal also.

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
          does pining count (legally ), or does it have to be soldered/brazed on ?

i think pinned is legal if I recall right.

screw on isn't, and obviously any kind of set screw isn't legal also.
          Permanently fixed or pinned are both legal. Anything else is NFA butt-rape prison time.

Comment

If whatever the device is that adds the necessary length to your barrel to make it legal is thread on can it then be pinned ?

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
              If whatever the device is that adds the necessary length to your barrel to make it legal is thread on can it then be pinned ?
              It would thread on initially then spot pinned I believe.

Comment

Working...
              X