Purchased my second gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchased my second gun

I purchased my first gun, Beretta 92A1, back in February and love it. It has been a great range and home defense gun. I wanted to get something a little smaller that I could CCW once I get my CHL. I was looking at the following 9mm: CZ P01, CZ RAMI, Sig P239, Sig P250, Beretta 92 compact, Beretta PX4 SC, and Kahr CW9 (even though poly guns don't feel right to me).

I ended up with the Sig P239 and couldn't be happier. Bass Pro had them on clearance from $799 to $649. I got an additional 10% off for opening a second Bass Pro card. So before tax it was $585 and too good to pass up. It comes with Sig holster and two extended 10 round mags. I've already purchased a standard 8 round mag from Top Gun for $30.

First impressions are that quality seems top notch, good balance with steel slide & alloy frame, Sig night sights, steel recoil rod, great ergonomics, and fits my hand nice. Thought hard about the Beretta 92 compact for $50 less but I just liked the Sig better. Hey, variety is good right? :-) Can't wait to shoot it. I've read nothing but great reviews online and I really like shooting my bro-in-laws Sig P226 in .40.

'99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Originally posted by 2cammer97 View Post
    I purchased my first gun, Beretta 92A1, back in February and love it. It has been a great range and home defense gun. I wanted to get something a little smaller that I could CCW once I get my CHL. I was looking at the following 9mm: CZ P01, CZ RAMI, Sig P239, Sig P250, Beretta 92 compact, Beretta PX4 SC, and Kahr CW9 (even though poly guns don't feel right to me).

I ended up with the Sig P239 and couldn't be happier. Bass Pro had them on clearance from $799 to $649. I got an additional 10% off for opening a second Bass Pro card. So before tax it was $585 and too good to pass up. It comes with Sig holster and two extended 10 round mags. I've already purchased a standard 8 round mag from Top Gun for $30.

First impressions are that quality seems top notch, good balance with steel slide & alloy frame, Sig night sights, steel recoil rod, great ergonomics, and fits my hand nice. Thought hard about the Beretta 92 compact for $50 less but I just liked the Sig better. Hey, variety is good right? :-) Can't wait to shoot it. I've read nothing but great reviews online and I really like shooting my bro-in-laws Sig P226 in .40.

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/...t/DSCF2182.jpg
    Good choice, both guns you have are great in their purpose. I like the sigs with the steel/alloy frames. I hate the polymer frames.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Love both, my Sig Pro and Beretta 96 .40. But In carry Glock 36 and Ruger LCP. I think my Beretta is the most accurate of all my handguns...but with a 4.9" barrell it should be.

Comment

Range report: put 80 rounds through it flawlessly. Awesome gun. In SA it's almost as accurate for me as my 92A1. With more practice it may be equal. From 10 yards it was 2" groups. DA pull is long but very smooth and I got better and better with it the more I shot. All in all I think it will make an outstanding gun for the car and conceal carry once I get my CHL. My only complaint, and it's pretty minor, is the mag release button is kind of gritty and I had to push more than once a couple times to get the mag to eject. As great as this pistol is I can live with that.

Marcus
        '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Comment

Working...
        X