$50 lowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
    Did you really just type that? Yea you're right, no guns should have a safety. Those things are overrated.

And out of all of that you're gonna focus on the part about it having a safety and not about the part how you are ignorant to the fact that Glock isn't the best for everyone just because its the best for you?
    notice I said handguns. Personally I wont own a HANDGUN with an external safety.

If youre that worried about shooting yourself, maybe you should stick to pepper spray?

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
      notice I said handguns. Personally I wont own a HANDGUN with an external safety.

If youre that worried about shooting yourself, maybe you should stick to pepper spray?
      Lol yea, thats why I want to have a safety. Accidents never happen. I'm glad you like your Glock so much.

Comment

Did you really just type that? Yea you're right, no guns should have a safety. Those things are overrated.

And out of all of that you're gonna focus on the part about it having a safety and not about the part how you are ignorant to the fact that Glock isn't the best for everyone just because its the best for you?
        Maybe you should do a little research about Glocks before bashing them, and claiming "they have no safety".

copied from wikipedia:

"Glock pistols are designed with three independent safety mechanisms to prevent accidental discharge. The system, designated "Safe Action" by Glock, consists of an external integrated trigger safety[35] and two automatic internal safeties: a firing pin safety[36] and a drop safety.[37] The external safety is a small inner lever contained in the trigger. Pressing the lever activates the trigger bar and sheet metal connector. The firing pin safety is a solid hardened steel pin that, in the secured state, blocks the firing pin channel (disabling the firing pin in its longitudinal axis). It is pushed upward to release the firing pin for firing only when the trigger is actuated and the safety is pushed up through the backward movement of the trigger bar. The drop safety guides the trigger bar in a ramp that is released only when direct rearward pressure is applied to the trigger. The three safety mechanisms are automatically disengaged one after the other when the trigger is squeezed, and are automatically reactivated when the trigger is released.[14][38] This passive safety system omits the manipulation of traditional on-off levers, hammers or other external safeties as found in many other handgun designs.

In 2003, Glock announced the Internal Locking System (ILS) safety feature. The ILS is a manually activated lock that is located in the back of the pistol's grip. It is cylindrical in design and, according to Glock, each key is unique. When activated, the lock causes a tab to protrude from the rear of the grip giving both a visual and tactile indication as to whether the lock is engaged or not. When activated, the ILS renders the Glock unfireable as well as making it impossible to disassemble. When disengaged, the ILS adds no further safety mechanisms to the Glock pistol. The ILS is available as an option on most Glock pistols. Glock pistols cannot be retrofitted to accommodate the ILS. The lock must be factory built in Austria and shipped as a special order."

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
          Maybe you should do a little research about Glocks before bashing them, and claiming "they have no safety".

copied from wikipedia:

"Glock pistols are designed with three independent safety mechanisms to prevent accidental discharge. The system, designated "Safe Action" by Glock, consists of an external integrated trigger safety[35] and two automatic internal safeties: a firing pin safety[36] and a drop safety.[37] The external safety is a small inner lever contained in the trigger. Pressing the lever activates the trigger bar and sheet metal connector. The firing pin safety is a solid hardened steel pin that, in the secured state, blocks the firing pin channel (disabling the firing pin in its longitudinal axis). It is pushed upward to release the firing pin for firing only when the trigger is actuated and the safety is pushed up through the backward movement of the trigger bar. The drop safety guides the trigger bar in a ramp that is released only when direct rearward pressure is applied to the trigger. The three safety mechanisms are automatically disengaged one after the other when the trigger is squeezed, and are automatically reactivated when the trigger is released.[14][38] This passive safety system omits the manipulation of traditional on-off levers, hammers or other external safeties as found in many other handgun designs.

In 2003, Glock announced the Internal Locking System (ILS) safety feature. The ILS is a manually activated lock that is located in the back of the pistol's grip. It is cylindrical in design and, according to Glock, each key is unique. When activated, the lock causes a tab to protrude from the rear of the grip giving both a visual and tactile indication as to whether the lock is engaged or not. When activated, the ILS renders the Glock unfireable as well as making it impossible to disassemble. When disengaged, the ILS adds no further safety mechanisms to the Glock pistol. The ILS is available as an option on most Glock pistols. Glock pistols cannot be retrofitted to accommodate the ILS. The lock must be factory built in Austria and shipped as a special order."
          Wow I struck a nerve with all the Glock nutswingers on here it looks like. Sorry I didn't specify an EXTERNAL SAFETY. I don't ever recall "bashing" a Glock, simply stated why I picked HK. I recall a list of other things

I bought mine because I liked the way it shot, the way it pointed, the fact that it had a safety, the company's reputation, the groups I could make with it, the fact that I can use the slide release with my off hand (instead of that little tab POS Glock insists on using), ambi mag release and several other factors.
          Oh yea, that looks familiar. 6 specific reasons I purchased an HK not including the fact that it had a safety. I never said Glock was trash or garbage or was a bad weapon or any of the sort so take a few deep breaths, and make another attempt at reading what was posted.

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
            Do you mean to always come off as a dick or is it an unintentional byproduct of the constant score-boarding?
            I honestly did not mean to "score board" right there.

Originally posted by Big A View Post
            Hk > *
            Yes.

So you don't know enough about guns to know what a chamber flag is, but you know enough to know that the HK is the end all, be all of guns? lol
            LOL

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
            as for the demand for HK's, walk into any major gun store, and they will tell you they sell at least 10 glocks to every HK they sell. So much for the gun being in high demand.

Im not debating which gun is better or not, just pointing out the fact HK's aren't flying off the shelf.
            Because Glocks are cheaper and for people who don't know any better.

I like the m3 versus mustang comparison. I would take the m3 ten times out of ten.
            Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Wow I struck a nerve with all the Glock nutswingers on here it looks like. Sorry I didn't specify an EXTERNAL SAFETY. I don't ever recall "bashing" a Glock, simply stated why I picked HK. I recall a list of other things

Oh yea, that looks familiar. 6 specific reasons I purchased an HK not including the fact that it had a safety. I never said Glock was trash or garbage or was a bad weapon or any of the sort so take a few deep breaths, and make another attempt at reading what was posted.
              You didnt strike a nerve with me. I just think its funny that someone who any chance they get is talking about how bad ass HK guns are, and how they're the best guns on earth, is calling someone a fanboy or nutswinger. I was going off of what you typed, which was that glocks have no safety. Am I wrong? Did you not type that? If you didnt type that i apologize.

Comment

Originally posted by dohctr View Post

i like the m3 versus mustang comparison. I would have my dad buy me the m3 ten times out of ten.
                ftfy

Comment

This thread took a turn
                  "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                  http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                  Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                  Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                  http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                  www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
                    This thread took a turn
                    Don't they all? LMAO

Comment

Don't they all? LMAO
                      Around here, without a doubt haha
                      "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                      http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                      Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                      Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                      http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                      www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                      sigpic

Comment

Y'all need to get over it. Anything that i can pull the trigger and it goes boom, i'm a fan of.
                        Glocks are shit btw,lol j/k
                        You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

You didnt strike a nerve with me. I just think its funny that someone who any chance they get is talking about how bad ass HK guns are, and how they're the best guns on earth, is calling someone a fanboy or nutswinger. I was going off of what you typed, which was that glocks have no safety. Am I wrong? Did you not type that? If you didnt type that i apologize.
                          So since you are referring to this "someone" calling people a fanboy or nutswinger, I'll go ahead an assume you were talking about me there, in which case you are claiming that I take every chance I get to talk about how bad ass HK guns are. Again, if you slow down to take a second to read what I typed, I typed MY SPECIFIC REASONS FOR PURCHASING THE HK I OWN. Not why they are badass, or why they are better than every other gun in existence, or how before God created the LS1 he created the USP, no...

Lets use Adam's example, the GT and the M3, and I assume everyone has related the GT to the Glock and the M3 to the HK. For those of you who actually understand my initial post, bail out here. I have to spell it out for some people, clearly. Anyway, some guy gets on here and says that the Mustang GT is the baddest thing on earth and there is no reason to have any other car other than the Mustang. I chime in and give my reasoning for personally purchasing the M3 instead, be it that it has a better nav system, or perhaps a butt massager. Following me? I never once said that its the greatest thing in the world, simply clarifying that NO THE GT IS NOT FOR EVERYONE.

So if you back up again with me we can see that my post was simply aiming at showing how I went about choosing the handgun I purchased and why.

Oh and to clarify AGAIN on how I "claimed glock has no safety" I was referring to an external safety. Sorry, I cant consider anything on the damn trigger itself an external safety. I mean what 99% of the world thinks and external safety is, the little switch with F/S or the cool little bullet pictures, or for the real smart ones it has no pictures and comes with instructions.

Comment

So since you are referring to this "someone" calling people a fanboy or nutswinger, I'll go ahead an assume you were talking about me there, in which case you are claiming that I take every chance I get to talk about how bad ass HK guns are. Again, if you slow down to take a second to read what I typed, I typed MY SPECIFIC REASONS FOR PURCHASING THE HK I OWN. Not why they are badass, or why they are better than every other gun in existence, or how before God created the LS1 he created the USP, no...
                            I'm saying that you're calling people glock fanboys and nutswingers, but you take every opportunity you can to talk about HK. Effectively doing the same thing In other threads (IE: NOT NECESSARILY IN THIS THREAD) when people ask about guns, that you're calling people names for doing in here. Note that i have absolutely ZERO issue with HK and think they make a great gun. All i did was correct you on your statement that glocks have no safety, which is verbatim what you said. Then you got your pussy hurt (which isn't uncommon) and said that you meant no external safety. Well if that's what you meant, then that's what you should have typed. I'm not going to sit around and try to read between the lines in peoples posts, wondering if what they said is actually what they meant.

Lets use Adam's example, the GT and the M3, and I assume everyone has related the GT to the Glock and the M3 to the HK. For those of you who actually understand my initial post, bail out here. I have to spell it out for some people, clearly. Anyway, some guy gets on here and says that the Mustang GT is the baddest thing on earth and there is no reason to have any other car other than the Mustang. I chime in and give my reasoning for personally purchasing the M3 instead, be it that it has a better nav system, or perhaps a butt massager. Following me? I never once said that its the greatest thing in the world, simply clarifying that NO THE GT IS NOT FOR EVERYONE.
                            My reading comprehension is fine. All my post said was that there is a safety on a glock, after you said there wasn't. You meant external, yea ok, then just say that......don't get all aggressive, and start trying to publicly belittle people, and act as if you need to talk to them like a child because they are stupid. Especially when you wouldn't say shit like that in person.

So if you back up again with me we can see that my post was simply aiming at showing how I went about choosing the handgun I purchased and why.

Nobody is disputing that.....all i did was correct you that there is a safety on a glock. Now before you start running your mouth AGAIN, and being a condescending cocksucker, remember that your talking to the guy who has saved you a shit ton of money on work on your car, and gone out of his way MANY times to help you out and answer your Honda questions, and get you part prices for NOTHING in return.

Oh and to clarify AGAIN on how I "claimed glock has no safety" I was referring to an external safety. Sorry, I cant consider anything on the damn trigger itself an external safety. I mean what 99% of the world thinks and external safety is, the little switch with F/S or the cool little bullet pictures, or for the real smart ones it has no pictures and comes with instructions.
                            You know what Chris, you really are a fucking smug prick. Now before you start running your mouth AGAIN, and being a condescending cocksucker, remember that your talking to the guy who has saved you a shit ton of money on work on your car, and gone out of his way MANY times to help you out and answer your Honda questions, and get you part prices and expect NOTHING in return.

Comment

My HK p30 has no safety, only a decocker. They do make one with a safety though, so everyone is happy.
                              Originally posted by lincolnboy
                              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I'm saying that you're calling people glock fanboys and nutswingers, but you take every opportunity you can to talk about HK. Effectively doing the same thing In other threads (IE: NOT NECESSARILY IN THIS THREAD) when people ask about guns, that you're calling people names for doing in here.
                                Only, not. If someone asks about a gun I can give input with the one I have the most experience with which is my USP-C. I am calling people nutswingers for putting shit up on a pedestal for no reason. I can respect the fact that people look for different things in guns. If someone wants a striker fired, DAO, with no external safety, and has a large capacity, sure Glock is the way to go. People have specific needs for guns. I wouldn't suggest an HK if it didn't fit those needs. Unlike some here who think Glock is Godly and nothing is better. That is where the nutswinger and fanboy comments come from.

Note that i have absolutely ZERO issue with HK and think they make a great gun. All i did was correct you on your statement that glocks have no safety, which is verbatim what you said. Then you got your pussy hurt (which isn't uncommon) and said that you meant no external safety. Well if that's what you meant, then that's what you should have typed. I'm not going to sit around and try to read between the lines in peoples posts, wondering if what they said is actually what they meant.
                                Great, thanks. I already acknowledged the fact that I misspoke. Good work beating a dead horse.

My reading comprehension is fine. All my post said was that there is a safety on a glock, after you said there wasn't. You meant external, yea ok, then just say that......don't get all aggressive, and start trying to publicly belittle people, and act as if you need to talk to them like a child because they are stupid. Especially when you wouldn't say shit like that in person.
                                If you say so. Pointless to argue things you cant prove, but go for it.

Nobody is disputing that.....all i did was correct you that there is a safety on a glock. Now before you start running your mouth AGAIN, and being a condescending cocksucker, remember that your talking to the guy who has saved you a shit ton of money on work on your car, and gone out of his way MANY times to help you out and answer your Honda questions, and get you part prices for NOTHING in return.
                                Thanks. Still doesn't change the fact that you went to bat for Glock for no reason. Don't go looking for an e-fight and then bring up shit thats completely unrelated.

You know what Chris, you really are a fucking smug prick. Now before you start running your mouth AGAIN, and being a condescending cocksucker, remember that your talking to the guy who has saved you a shit ton of money on work on your car, and gone out of his way MANY times to help you out and answer your Honda questions, and get you part prices and expect NOTHING in return.
                                Yep, Honda you're the one to go to. But handguns I'd think twice. Thanks again for all the help though!

Comment

Working...
                                X