My first 1911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first 1911

No pictures of the gun but it was the first 1911 my dad ever bought and he later gave it to me on 18'th birthday. Wanna say he bought it in the mid 80's from a gun store here in Oak Cliff that's no longer around (Smithy's, it used to be on Jefferson near Adamson HS). I screwed up and pawned it and it turned out it was a stolen gun and got returned to the owner. I was lucky that the gun store credited my dad the money he paid for it towards another purchase and we picked up a Taurus PT908 which we bought mutually hated.

Anyway, can't find 'em at these prices anymore.

Wow. What a price. You can tell how value keeps going up on 1911's, especially Colts.

Comment

No doubt that's cheap, but it's a pawn shop price, not quite indicative of market value.

The crackhead that stole it probably took $150 for it and the pawn shop priced it for a quick turn-over. If a deal looks too good to be true...

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
        No doubt that's cheap, but it's a pawn shop price, not quite indicative of market value.

The crackhead that stole it probably took $150 for it and the pawn shop priced it for a quick turn-over. If a deal looks too good to be true...
        Pawn shop price than or now? And it wasn't purchased at a pawn shop so I'm not sure where that's coming from.
        Last edited by Jose; 06-30-2011, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
          Wow. What a price. You can tell how value keeps going up on 1911's, especially Colts.
          Colts in general are high these days. I paid $600 for a stainless 6" Python in '95 and it's hard to find one in mint condition for less than double that. Wish I hadn't sold the damn thing.
          Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
          Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
            Colts in general are high these days. I paid $600 for a stainless 6" Python in '95 and it's hard to find one in mint condition for less than double that. Wish I hadn't sold the damn thing.
            I bought my Colt Series 80 Stainless in pristine condition from a gun shop in Houston for around $720, and that was about 3 years ago. I've seen similar Colt models with the same features that have more scratches and nicks on it than mine going for $900+ Of course I would never part with my Colt, I love that damned thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
              Pawn shop price than or now? And it wasn't purchased at a pawn shop so I'm not sure where that's coming from.
              It's early here, and I haven't had my coffee yet, so apparently my reading comprehensions skills are still sleeping.

I read where he pawned it, and got it in my get that it was a pawn shop that gave the credit for the gun. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                It's early here, and I haven't had my coffee yet, so apparently my reading comprehensions skills are still sleeping.

I read where he pawned it, and got it in my get that it was a pawn shop that gave the credit for the gun. My bad.
                He meaning me?

Either way, that was an OK price than and the Series 70's were worth more back than. I was going through some of my dads stuff yesterday and came across that price tag and thought I would share.

Comment

That's cool, I've never had a gun that lost value even though I actually shoot them all and hunt with many of them.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                    He meaning me?

Either way, that was an OK price than and the Series 70's were worth more back than. I was going through some of my dads stuff yesterday and came across that price tag and thought I would share.
                    lol Damn, I was out of it this morning. When I originally read the post I didn't make the connection without the "Evil" in your screen name, but when I read your reply I did.

I've been working 11-13 hour days for the past week and a half, and averaging 4-5 hours of sleep, I need a break.

Comment

Don't be this guy...

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                        Don't be this guy...
                        Deeeeeeeeamn!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                          Don't be this guy...
                          Lucky he didnt shoot his knee out.

Comment

Pretty sure it's the same video I saw over the weekend. 1911 with a Serpa holster right? Sucked to be him.

Comment

Nice Shootin Tex!
                              2010 Ford SVT Raptor
                              2007 Saleen S281-SC
                              1998 BMW M Roadster
                              1961 Ford F100

Comment

Working...
                              X