2011 DFWMustangs.net suppressor group buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    It's a nice entry level suppressor, but it's undeniable that you do sacrifice some things. Reviews seem to agree that it performs well with sub ammo, but not regular power. They state on their site it has 36dB reduction, vs. the sparrows 41dB - the different between 36 and 41 is substantial.
    Aww, no regular power stuff? I may take another look at that Sparrow.

EDIT: Definitely going with the Pilot 2.
    Last edited by YALE; 07-07-2011, 11:34 AM.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

In for a KAC NT4.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
        In for a KAC NT4.
        The one that's rated at -28dB?

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
          The one that's rated at -28dB?
          Beats the fuck out of me. It sounded way better than my M42000.

Both are still loud, but the deeper tone sounded more pleasing.

Comment

Beats the fuck out of me. It sounded way better than my M42000.

Both are still loud, but the deeper tone sounded more pleasing.
            I'm with that.

Comment

In for a KAC NT4.
              You couldn't choose a worse .223 suppressor. I've heard several and just about everyone I know considers the NT4 to be the worst. Very loud suppressor, barely tolerable.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

You couldn't choose a worse .223 suppressor. I've heard several and just about everyone I know considers the NT4 to be the worst. Very loud suppressor, barely tolerable.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...Number=1333247

But it is a KAC
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                  But it is a KAC
                  Results speak for themselves, overpriced inefficient suppressors don't. Might be a great accessory to a bushmaster ACR or other neckbeard weapon.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Jeff just informed me that as long as we can come up with 25 orders, we can pick and choose any caliber or any supplier. So that's great news. But we need 25 orders.
                    If thats the case I'd be in for two depending on the timeframe of the order.

Comment

I don't think Jeff has an account with Gemtech... I didn't think they made serviceable .22 suppressors?
                      Could you see if he handles Ops-Inc?

Yes. You have two ways to go. You can do the traditional route and get a CLEO signoff. Or, you can do a trust (which you can do with willmaker, and there are several available out there for editing) and avoid the fbi fingerprints, CLEO signoff, all that stuff.
                      Any way you could post some additional details about this? I didn't see anything in the sticky, just stuff about lawyers and such. If I can just do one at home on my own I'd much rather do that.

Comment

Results speak for themselves, overpriced inefficient suppressors don't. Might be a great accessory to a bushmaster ACR or other neckbeard weapon.
                        maybe I should have used more sarcasim. lol

I looked at the KAC stuff, the fact I own three gemtechs should say enough there.
                        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                          maybe I should have used more sarcasim. lol

I looked at the KAC stuff, the fact I own three gemtechs should say enough there.
                          haha I am hate robot, does not compute.

Comment

This is probably a dumb question but, the sparrow would work on my ar that I'm building right?

Also, what drives the cost of a suppressor?

Lastly, is this the same suppressor:

Comment

Originally posted by dustin View Post
                              This is probably a dumb question but, the sparrow would work on my ar that I'm building right?

Also, what drives the cost of a suppressor?

http://www.candgarms.com/content/lib...s-sparrow-22lr
                              .223 has a HELL of a lot more powder than a .22 - more gas expansion - larger can required to equalize and suppress the sound. Although it's the same diameter, it's considerably different as far as cans go.

But don't worry, I'm about to post up an entire table with all suppressors.
                              Last edited by CJ; 07-07-2011, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dustin View Post
                                This is probably a dumb question but, the sparrow would work on my ar that I'm building right? I wouldn't risk it, even if the threads match up. Even if the .224 bullet clears it, the shock wave may be too much for the baffle, and it would wear out quickly.

Also, what drives the cost of a suppressor? Materials, machining, and labor.

http://www.candgarms.com/content/lib...s-sparrow-22lr Doesn't look like it. It might be a previous iteration of the same model, and now a closeout, or a copy.

Comment

Working...
                                X