New full size pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
    Remind me to let you take mine for a spin one of these days. It's a joy to shoot.
    Oh yeah? I didn't know you had a witness competition pistol. I've done quite a bit of work to my compact .45, it's a blast to shoot.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
      I would steer clear of the FN 5-7. While accurate, the ammo is hard to find and expensive when you do find it compared to .45, .40, or 9mm...
      I was interested in them initially, but the 5.7 ended up being a clown shoe caliber. It really has no purpose in the big scheme of things.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
        Oh yeah? I didn't know you had a witness competition pistol. I've done quite a bit of work to my compact .45, it's a blast to shoot.
        Mine is exactly like the one posted, only it's a little dirtier.

Comment

Ok y'all have talked me in to being patient and socking more money back I'm gonna wait till I have about $2000 set back and get a true custom 1911
          The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

Colt 1911 in 38 Super or .45

Comment

IMO if you don't already have a 1911, then that's the go to for "fun." I've shot polymer pistols since I started shooting, but the 1911 is a totally different gun.

I am completely ignorant of ballistics or accuracy, but the fun factor of the 1911 is up there, and FWIW I am more accurate with my 1911 than my Glock.

If you know that you want the best of the best, then by all means, save for a custom $2k pistol. If you're just looking to put holes in paper, shoot a few 1911's and pick one that feels good.

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
                If you aren't dead set on a 1911 there are a lot of full size pistols out there that are very accurate and reliable. Nothing wrong with a 1911, but you can definitely blow your budget haha...

Springfield XDM's
                FN FNP45 tactical
                Beretta 92
                Hk45, USP
                Etc.
                I agree with Jakeford. I'll also throw out there that Sig P226 and CZ75 are both fantastic alloy frame full size pistols.

Marcus
                '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Comment

Originally posted by 2cammer97 View Post
                  I agree with Jakeford. I'll also throw out there that Sig P226 and CZ75 are both fantastic alloy frame full size pistols.

Marcus
                  Forgot about the Sig P226. Also an excellent choice.
                  I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

"FN FNP45 tactical"

Just purchased one of these the damn things is just tits on accurate right out of the box, come with one 15 rounder and two 14 rounders along with holster and dual mag holder.

Great gun!
                    Last edited by RedPony07; 07-10-2011, 10:11 AM. Reason: cuz i kan't spel 4 shiiiit!
                    2010 Ford SVT Raptor
                    2007 Saleen S281-SC
                    1998 BMW M Roadster
                    1961 Ford F100

Comment

I am not a HUGE fan of Sigs but I had a P220 Match Grade and it was robust well built pistol that could knock a knat of a dogs ass at 25yrds. Okay maybe if I could see that far and calculate for balistics but you get the point. I sold it to my dad and it is one of his favorite bullseye .45s.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

another vote for an HK based pistol
                        but I'm all utility and no fun anyway

Comment

Working...
                        X