No announcement yet.

$55 CHL Class - September 17th - Rockwall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I enjoyed the class, I really wish more information on printing was discussed. I may have missed it, but we really didn't discuss what is "intentional" vs "un-intentional" printing, what happens if an LEO approaches you and he knows you are carrying due to the shape under your shirt, best position to carry, etc..

I did find the situation we discussed about reaching "too high" in a grocery store and the weapon becomes visible to be interesting and very informative...especially if an 80 year old granny starts to freak.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
      While I enjoyed the class, I really wish more information on printing was discussed. I may have missed it, but we really didn't discuss what is "intentional" vs "un-intentional" printing, what happens if an LEO approaches you and he knows you are carrying due to the shape under your shirt, best position to carry, etc..

I did find the situation we discussed about reaching "too high" in a grocery store and the weapon becomes visible to be interesting and very informative...especially if an 80 year old granny starts to freak.
      We did talk about it, but only briefly (normally I cover it when the question comes up, but there is not much the state wants us to cover on it).
      Basically there has to be intent. However, this does not protect you from being charged with aggravated assault if someone were to call 911. So if at all possible, just do not do it. Otherwise while it may not have been illegal, it can still be a total pain for you.

As far as best ways to carry and topics along that subject, there just is not enough time in the 10 hour class. I could easily go for 2-3 hours on different ways of carry, different holsters, etc etc. As for that knowledge, I would say that this forum or ar15.com are a good place to ask. I know that with my frame I have hell trying to daily carry. Maybe if I were a skinny guy or if I ever wore anything but a T-shit I would do better. I can tell you that it does take quite a bit of work for men to find a comfortable way to carry that does not print.

Edit: I just re-read that and I will add. If you go out with your pistol, and you know that it is printing, it is intentional. If you "accidentally" print because you bent over, or reached up, that is different. I would also be more then happy to answer any other questions that you have. I want all of you guys to not only be informed, but to feel like I did a good job of informing you.

Also, I believe the way that the law writes, there is no mention of the word "printing" at all. It is either you intentionally informed someone of your handgun, or you didn't. Very very gray area.

(3) "Concealed handgun" means a handgun, the presence of
      which is not openly discernible to the ordinary observation of a reasonable
      person.
      Last edited by Venix; 09-19-2011, 12:38 PM.

Comment

I thought it was a pretty decent class myself....I was anticipating having to fight falling asleep with the class being 10 hours....but the discussions kept me from it. I think in reality....regardless of the length of the class...that it is impossible to cover every possible scenario or carry method...every person and situation is different and what works well for one person might not work for the next. Other than the minor inconvenience of the printer issue....I think I would recommend these guys to any of my friends.

Comment

If anyone did not get my email about the photos please send me a PM and I will get it to you.

Comment

Have not used it yet, but found this while browsing...
            Get perfect passport photos in seconds! 99.9%+ acceptance rate, money back guarantee, hassle-free, professional service, and free quick delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post

I am also going to add a slide just so I remember to at least say the word printing from now on, heh.

Comment

Status on Texas online is showing "Concealed Handgun License : Print pending completion of application review "

Looks like I should have my plastic in a few weeks. :-)

Comment

So damn busy with work and work at the shop, I still have not filled out the online paper work and done my prints/pic., Damn..I gotta get on the ball this week and knock it all out
                  !

Comment

Mine is still pending. Anyone get their plastic yet?

Comment

What is the turn around no days? Used to be 90 days.

Comment

Some people on TexasCHLforum have been getting theirs within 30-45 days. I believe they now have 60 days to process and issue the license.

Comment

If you guys end up doing another one of these make sure and let me know.
                          DamonH

Comment

Mine went from Background Check under review to Manufacturing Pending this morning! Woo!

Comment

Originally posted by DamonH View Post
                              If you guys end up doing another one of these make sure and let me know.

Will be another one on the 22nd.
                              Shoot me your info if you want in....

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                                Will be another one on the 22nd.
                                Shoot me your info if you want in....
                                Do we get a DFWmustangs discount, or was that price a one time thing? Looks like they have classes almost every weekend by looking at their site. The 22nd is the weekend of the Alliance Airshow. Always seems to be something.
                                DamonH

Comment

Working...
                                X