man gets 7 years for legally owning guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yale View Post
    Bitchin'. I can already tell you'll need a personal assistant next year, when I'm fully vested in my company stock.
    I heard they have deer and hog out there too.

Comment

"A few weeks after Aitken's trial over the summer, Morley learned that Christie was not going to reappoint him, due in part to a 2009 case in which he dismissed animal-cruelty charges against a Moorestown cop accused of sticking his penis into the mouths of five calves. Morley said there was no way of knowing whether the calves had been "puzzled" or "tormented" by the officer's actions.

Nappen thinks the animal-cruelty case exemplifies poor decision-making by Morley.

"Brian didn't receive oral sex from calves; he only lawfully possessed firearms," Nappen said."

Comment

what a crock of ****. Everything in jersey is a joke, including that gay show jersey shore with the scum of earth on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
          I heard they have deer and hog out there too.
          Does that mean I'm hired?
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
            Does that mean I'm hired?
            You might want to hang on until I see how much I get paid first.

Comment

I just got an NRA email today about this story.

You can sign a petition to Gov. Christie and urge him to pardon Brian Aitkin and publicly call for the repeal of the law. You can also donate to the National Association for Gun Rights to fight anti-gun legislation.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                I just got an NRA email today about this story.

You can sign a petition to Gov. Christie and urge him to pardon Brian Aitkin and publicly call for the repeal of the law. You can also donate to the National Association for Gun Rights to fight anti-gun legislation.
                Yeah I made them do that.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Jersey makes good states like PA in the NE look bad.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

On the long, long list of places I've lived, New Jersey is, and always will be, at the bottom.

Comment

It really shows you the priorities of the criminal justice system. What's his name from the Giants had a firearm(I can't remember if he had it legally) go off in a public establishment and gets two years. This guy had an unloaded pistol in a box, in a bag, in his trunk...LEGALLY...and gets seven.

Anybody wanna go in for a group purchase on an island and start our own country?
                      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                        I wonder what the NRA is doing about this?
                        Good question.
                        Photobucket

Comment

starting a new membership/ recruiting drive.

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
                            It really shows you the priorities of the criminal justice system. What's his name from the Giants had a firearm(I can't remember if he had it legally) go off in a public establishment and gets two years. This guy had an unloaded pistol in a box, in a bag, in his trunk...LEGALLY...and gets seven.

Anybody wanna go in for a group purchase on an island and start our own country?

Comment

Update:
                              Chris Christie says, done.
                              TRENTON — Brian Aitken, who was convicted of illegally possessing two handguns he had legally purchased in Colorado, will be out of prison in time for Christmas.

Gov. Chris Christie commuted Aitken's sentence Monday, from seven years to time served, according to an order signed by the governor. It was Christie's first commutation since taking office almost a year ago.

"We are overjoyed at the news," his younger brother Robert Aitken said in an e-mail. "It's been an extremely emotional time and we all had our own doubts at one time or another I'm sure. I was hoping for the best but preparing for the worst -- for this to be the first battle of a long war to get him out of jail."

In 2009, Aitken was arrested for possessing two handguns and ammunition — the guns were unloaded — after state police found them in the trunk of his car. Aitken was visiting his mother in Burlington County when she became concerned about his well-being and called the police.

Aitken, who had recently moved from Colorado where he bought the guns, faced felony charges the same as if he had used the guns to commit a crime. Supporters of Aitken began a Facebook campaign to get his sentence commuted.

The Aitken family, awaiting Brian's daily call Monday night, had decided to let his girlfriend Jenna give him the good news.

"We all want to be the ones to tell him — but that just can't be," Robert Aitken said. "We are eagerly awaiting his daily call so we can experience this together with him, even if its just over the phone."

Christie's office wouldn't elaborate on the decision to commute Aitken's sentence.

"The governor has reviewed all the facts of Brian Aitken's case and has commuted his sentence to time served," Christie spokesman Michael Drewniak said. "Considering both Aitken's offense and punishment, the governor believes this is the most compassionate and just solution."

Brian Aitken's attorney Evan Nappen said they will continue to pursue appeals based on the legal elements of the case.

Christie "is a hero to gun owners across the nation," Nappen said.

Aitken had appealed to Christie for commutation after being sentenced in August. He could have been paroled in three years. According to the commutation order, Aitken will be released as "soon as administratively possible."

Aitken is being held at the Mid-State Correctional Facility Annex in Wrightstown, located on Fort Dix. He's expected to be released today, said corrections spokeswoman Deirdre Fedkenheuer.

The last criminal commutation handed down was by former Gov. Jon Corzine for Quincy Spruell, who had been convicted in a 1985 murder that many legal experts later argued he couldn't have committed. It was one of 14 commutations issued by Corzine on his last full day in office in January.
                              Last edited by GhostTX; 12-21-2010, 12:14 PM.
                              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

It would take me a long time before I'd talk to my mom again.
                                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                                X