Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 1 Pound Pack-Rifle (And Fishing Pole!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 1 Pound Pack-Rifle (And Fishing Pole!)

A pack rifle is a rifle small enough to be carried in a backpack. They are generally chambered in small caliber cartridges, such as the .22 LR or .410 shot shell, and are used for hunting, survival and plinking. The Marlin Papoose is an example of a pack gun (notably a favorite of Tam and … Read More …

The 1 Pound Pack-Rifle (And Fishing Pole!)

A pack rifle is a rifle small enough to be carried in a backpack. They are generally chambered in small caliber cartridges, such as the .22 LR or .410 shot shell, and are used for hunting, survival and plinking. The Marlin Papoose is an example of a pack gun (notably a favorite of Tam and Andrew). My pack rifle is a SBR (12" barrel) Ruger 10/22. To carry it in a pack I remove the stock, cutting down the overall length by a few inches. Neither a disassembled Ruger or Marlin Papoose can come close to the compact and almost gravity-defying light weight of Mountain View Machine & Welding's Pack-Rifle.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

i'd rather have a Springfield M6 scout survival rifle

Comment

Some awesome comments:

You carry this when you are in bear country so when you and your friend happen upon a bear, you shoot your friend in the knee and make your escape….
      I am not sure if I want one of these, but I now have a strange desire to mount a zebco 404 on one of my Mosins.
      Cute rifle but I think you should add a knife and some scissors and call it a Swiss Army Rifle. Does it come in red?

Comment

LOL! I was thinking Swiss Army knife as well.

Comment

Novel idea, but the hunting comments are laughable. I don't doubt that you can take down a lion with a .22, but in a survival/defensive situation, the last thing I want to have is a chincy, short, single-shot .22.

Comment

Working...
          X