Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig Sauer 1911...

..Anyone own one or shot one?

What were your impressions on the Trigger, fit/finish, function?

I can get one of these for less than $700 otd new. Just don't know much about them and can't seem to find much "reliable" info about them.

TIA
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

A friend of mine has one, I shot it quite a bit for a period of time earlier this year, because he wanted to get a lot of rounds down the tube, but couldn't make it to the range as often as me, so he just asked me to take it with me.

All in all, I think they are completely reliable. Obviously, if it isn't cleaned/lubed properly, you'll have a few malfunctions. But, if you take care of it, it'll take care of you. I never saw any problems with the finish, but keep in mind that this wasn't a carry weapon, it was a range shooter/bbq gun. If I remember correctly, the trigger had an overtravel adjustment screw, and we shortened that up a bit to take a tiny bit of the slack out of the pull, and it was golden.

In my opinion, that piece was a damn good shooter, I could shoot nice tight groups with it, either on a draw or from a ready position. I liked it, and have considered picking one up for myself.
    Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

I have one a would trust it for anything. Mine was dry out of the box so a little time with some grease was needed before a trip to the range. .45 bullets costing what they do keeps me from shooting it as much as I shoot my 9mm's and .38s. Well worth the money if you want a 1911.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
      X