Looking For My First AR-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    Well they do have all that fancy MPI shit you don't really need. But, regardless their resale value is better than any other AR15, no question about it. If you don't want to lose money on your AR15 purchase, your only choice is Colt.
    I dont know about that either....i have made money on every AR. If you spend all that money on the colt its worth about the same when u sell it. They are not going up in value any more then any other AR. they are easier to sell to someone else that does not know any better for the same reason......they have COLT on the side....thats it.

Comment

Originally posted by cobra93teal View Post
      I dont know about that either....i have made money on every AR. If you spend all that money on the colt its worth about the same when u sell it. They are not going up in value any more then any other AR. they are easier to sell to someone else that does not know any better for the same reason......they have COLT on the side....thats it.
      They go up in value. I paid $695 for my HBAR Colt AR15, it's worth around $1,250 now. Being worth the same when you sell it is an achievement, if that's all you're going to concede. Most people lose money on AR15's, even if you get good deals on parts.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Like i said though....i would not tell anyone NOT to buy a colt....if u want one get one....but if the guys question is advice for a first AR build....then he should get that. Thats all

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
          They go up in value. I paid $695 for my HBAR Colt AR15, it's worth around $1,250 now.
          Thats AR prices....hell when Obama took office you could argue thae some Doublestar does the smae because they wanted 900 for them. I said they dont go up in value any more then other ARs. Ok possibily a little more for the same reason they are more expensive now. I have a HK pistol thats worth twice what I paid for it....i Love them....but when peole ask me what their first pistol should be I dont say HK.

Comment

I was thinking.....CJ you might be tLking about a long time ago a buddy of mine bought a so called COLT that was a surplus rifle or something. We never even shot it...it was terrible...fit was horrible and the rifle was just completley sloppy. I dont think it was a good example of a COLT and that is in no way what i am using as an example.

Comment

So you don;t even own one and you're commenting on their quality?

Comment

I am a fan of the S&W line as far as price, options, qualiy and availability go.

Last i looked they even made a gas piston rifle for under $800.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I957 using Tapatalk
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
                  So you don;t even own one and you're commenting on their quality?
                  I think that was directed to me? I do not own one....but i deal with them all the time.....mostly RRA but colts as well. My personal collection has all different brands.

Comment

Would the Colt LE model be worth more compared to the Sporter Line Models latter down the road?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike69 View Post
                      Would the Colt LE model be worth more compared to the Sporter Line Models latter down the road?
                      I honestly don't think so.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

only reason I have the LE model because I got a good deal on it. Unfired nib

Comment

Thanks fellas for the help! I think I'm going to get me a Colt because I plan on holding onto it for a very long time. I plan on building one too with in the year just for fun.

Comment

Thanks fellas for the help! I think I'm going to get me a Colt because I plan on holding onto it for a very long time. I plan on building one too with in the year just for fun.
                            Ive had several brand its just hard to loose on the colt. The resale is kickass.... All of them are of similar quality though I just always buy things in the resale state of mind.

Comment

Keep your eye on Armory forum and watch for another build party. If someone can vouch for you (verify you're not ..... a democrat) then you'd probably be welcome.

I'm in the same boat you are and want to get my first AR and will most likely build my first, then get a trophy piece later (i.e. Sig, Colt, LaRue).

David

Comment

Working...
                              X