Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Care to explain this rear grip? (Recent Random pic warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Care to explain this rear grip? (Recent Random pic warning)

This was posted in the Random SFW thread and I'm curious. Why the rear grip?

Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
    This was posted in the Random SFW thread and I'm curious. Why the rear grip?

That is a monopod for leveling the shooting platform.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Just a guess, but operate trigger with right hand, fold left arm across chest and hold stock with left hand?

Edit: should have known CJ would pipe up soon with the right answer.
      Men have become the tools of their tools.
      -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Bren guns are so cool.

I have a few Bren mags put away in case I ever buy one. Am I crazy?
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
          Bren guns are so cool.

I have all kinds of mags for guns I don't own.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Bren MK1 correct?
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
              Bren guns are so cool.

"Prudent," is the adjective you want to use.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                I have all kinds of mags for guns I don't own.
                Me too man, I am a mag crazy fool.
                Originally posted by lincolnboy
                After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Did the top loading mags work any better than the bottom loading mags like you see today? What was the reasoning for going with them back in the day?
                  Originally posted by Jester
                  Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                  He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                  Originally posted by Denny
                  What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                  FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                    That is a monopod for leveling the shooting platform.
                    Very cool. Thanks!
                    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                      Did the top loading mags work any better than the bottom loading mags like you see today? What was the reasoning for going with them back in the day?
                      I'm pretty sure it was just the way it was designed.
                      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                        They were more reliable as they had gravity to help the mag spring, and they were less likely to get dirt in the mag. Mag fed machineguns had advantages since they were lighter, and did not overheat the barrels as often. However, top fed MG's proved to be a liability in combat as they gave away the MG's position, obstructed the gunners view, and also were prone to being hit by a round and discharging the whole magazine, killing the gunner and crew which happened frequently with the Type 92/99 and other Japanese top fed MG's.
                        Last edited by CJ; 01-10-2012, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
                          Just a guess, but operate trigger with right hand, fold left arm across chest and hold stock with left hand?

Edit: should have known CJ would pipe up soon with the right answer.
                          ding ding we have a winner

the rear grip on the bren does not fold There is a cross pin to hold it in position otherwise it is either as pictured or un-attached it was designed to help hold and maneuver from the prone or pintal position

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_cj View Post
                            i have all kinds of mags for guns i don't own.

x100,000
                            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I imagine their top fed vs. bottom fed to allow firing from the prone position or from a trench where a long bottom fed magazine would hit the ground.

Comment

Working...
                              X